Truck jump gone wrong!!!!

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
christ, bunch of ****ing know it alls. this truck was built by the bigfoot guys(yes, that bigfoot), and the ONLY thing that broke was the bolts on the lower shock mounts. the shocks, shock mounts(upper and lower), cradle, and links were all perfectly fine. the truck has been repaired with redesigned lower mounts that capture both shocks in double sheer is running perfectly fine.

Yeah, kinda surprises me that it failed so horribly, but that's what you get from a truck built with "out of the box" parts that aren't designed to do anything but look good.

sema08-1_350.jpg
sema08-2_350.jpg

sema08-3_350.jpg
sema08-5_350.jpg

sema08-7_250.jpg
sema08-9_350.jpg

sema08-10_350.jpg
sema08-13_500.jpg

sema08-14_500.jpg

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
I'm surprised the manufacturer of the shocks designed such a small eyelet. Looks like its 5/16ths in size. Tiny...

Other than that, the build looks pretty good.

You have to keep in mind this wasn't designed to be a trophy truck, but in the same light, the design for the way the shocks were mounted were flawed. That could of happened over a large pothole possibly. The engineer should of been fired.

sema08-7_250.jpg

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Yeah, kinda surprises me that it failed so horribly, but that's what you get from a truck built with "out of the box" parts that aren't designed to do anything but look good.

sema08-1_350.jpg
sema08-2_350.jpg

sema08-3_350.jpg
sema08-5_350.jpg

sema08-7_250.jpg
sema08-9_350.jpg

sema08-10_350.jpg
sema08-13_500.jpg

sema08-14_500.jpg

Was that truck built in Hazelwood MO. ?

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
christ, bunch of ****ing know it alls. this truck was built by the bigfoot guys(yes, that bigfoot), and the ONLY thing that broke was the bolts on the lower shock mounts. the shocks, shock mounts(upper and lower), cradle, and links were all perfectly fine. the truck has been repaired with redesigned lower mounts that capture both shocks in double sheer is running perfectly fine.

glad to see someone catch it was a single sheer mount. But who ever designed that was a frickin idiot. All mounts should be double sheer.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You guys need to use Google. I literally just read about this truck in detail in a magazine. Every part on that thing is high dollar, but whoever put coilovers on single shear mounts on a truck that heavy is a complete moron.

To the dude saying the coilover eyes are too small, they are sway-a-way coilovers, which I'm sure are very well engineered. The bolts are probably 3/4" or so. They look small, but the tires on that truck are 51" tall, so imagine how long the coilovers are.

To Jim, the truck makes 800hp and 1200 lb-ft of torque, so it's definitely not underpowered.

Why they decided to go over a 1' tall jump with a 10' tall truck is beyond me. So yeah, lots of fail in the design. Sucks because just like the guy said, the bed was custom and both the front and rear fenders were one-off fiberglass pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread