Truck is sold, now I'm Cobra hunting

Gooch03

Established Member
A few months back I posted a thank you to you guys for the advice on how to pay down my negative equity on my truck. Tomorrow the truck will be gone and I will no longer have a truck. So from here till Christmas time I'm gonna be saving for a Cobra. Question I have is does anyone know where I can get a loan for these cars? My bank said if its over 5 years old its out of the question.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Depending on your age you may have to get a second loan for the insurance on a Cobra! It will be considerably higher than it was on the truck. Have you checked to see about what the insurance will cost? You might want to do that first.

Gooch03

Established Member
I'm 21. Since I pay for my parents cell phone bills they let me stay on their insurance to save me money. A guy that I'm talking to has told me to go through JJ Best Banc for the loan. Anyone have experience with them?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Your best bet for getting a loan is to go through a credit union, not a bank. A CU usually has fewer restrictions on their car loans and may also be able to offer you a lower APR. Good luck.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
yup, the guy that bought mine was still able to get a loan through the Credit Union (Golden One) for a 03 and this was back in Feb. 09.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Federal Credit Union, got my 13 year old car through Navy FCU, no questions asked. they gave me loan and i'm almost done paying it, on time everytime. good luck w/ search!

Users who are viewing this thread