Trubendz options

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
ok. im for sure going 2.5 inch aluminized, and for sure going borla muffler.

questions....

1. resonated or regular?
2. tubing kit or full exhaust?
3. do the tips suck?

help me out, ordering on thursday.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
1. resonated or regular?
Resonated, unless you want LOUD, and raspy.
ClOckwOrk said:
2. tubing kit or full exhaust?
Full exhaust, unless you can get the same mufflers for cheaper on your own.
ClOckwOrk said:
3. do the tips suck?
Not sure on the tips, but I believe they use quality SS tips, and you should have an option on which ones you buy. I've heard of fitment issues on some of the Trubendz catbacks, so just take your time on the install.

Mark

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
im going to go with the full kit with borlas but im not going resonated. its annoyingly loud already with the gutted precats so if i have to put resonators on i'll have it done later. i dont really wanna pay 100 extra bucks for a resonator if it sounds good without it. thanks for the help

Y2KSVT

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
but thats what im saying, it already doesnt sound good! lol

Then why spend money on a new exhaust if it's still going to sound like shit? Spend the extra $100 on a MAGNAFLOW resonator. It's a night and day difference in sound. I had no resonator with my MSDS headers & y-pipe, and Bassani catback. That thing sounded like a chainsaw. Had the Magnaflow resonator welded in, and I think it's the best sounding Contour I've heard.

Mark

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
bigger piping (barely) and more flow! maybe i could just cut in a resonator.... i just want a couple more HP and have it grumble some.... i dont like rasp. right now it sounds like a real pissed off contour, nobody wants a piece of it!

Y2KSVT

Established Member
All I'm saying is, by the time you buy a resonator, and pay to weld it in(if you can't weld), you're looking at ~$100+ anyway. Why not just get the resonated version and do it right from the beginning? The 2.5" piping and straight through mufflers(if you went Magnaflow) is where your power would come from. Are the Borla mufflers you're going with, straight through?

Mark

Pudmunkies

Established Member
Y2KSVT said:
Then why spend money on a new exhaust if it's still going to sound like shit? Spend the extra $100 on a MAGNAFLOW resonator. It's a night and day difference in sound. I had no resonator with my MSDS headers & y-pipe, and Bassani catback. That thing sounded like a chainsaw. Had the Magnaflow resonator welded in, and I think it's the best sounding Contour I've heard.

Mark

Your mom sounds better :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread