TRT discussion

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm still on turnaround. I was off Friday and Saturday so we can start fresh on Sunday for start up coverage.

I used my Saturday off to engrave 100 brushes for a local company. I had to make a jig to hold them so I could easily repeat the engraves. The post engrave picture is before cleaning.

Brush 01.jpg

Brush 02.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I got the car sorted, who would have thought a misfire in 8 was causing all that racket. That damn ticking sounded like a much worse problem, but turns out it was just a plug, which looked fine BTW.. these all aluminum coyote motors are really just big tuning forks when it comes to noise.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I just want to drop this 14 off at Triangle Speed Shop and hand them my wallet. I hate tearing into these DOHC motors.

I will do a compression test and probably pull the valve cover, but I am not sure how far I want to go beyond that in the driveway. LS motors on the other hand I have torn down in my garage/driveway.
I was looking at TSS for some possible work in the future. Do you have experience with them? Sounds like you trust them by your comment. Hard to find a shop in the DFW area so I thought about going down to see them.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I was looking at TSS for some possible work in the future. Do you have experience with them? Sounds like you trust them by your comment. Hard to find a shop in the DFW area so I thought about going down to see them.
They have done work on my buddies car. They have a really good reputation around here. They usually have a backlog for work and tuning. I do most of my own work, but when it comes to a possible rebuild on a coyote, or transmission rebuilds. I will take it somewhere for that. Fortunately it looks like I am out of the woods on that.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
They have done work on my buddies car. They have a really good reputation around here. They usually have a backlog for work and tuning. I do most of my own work, but when it comes to a possible rebuild on a coyote, or transmission rebuilds. I will take it somewhere for that. Fortunately it looks like I am out of the woods on that.
Okay cool! I usually do everything possible myself also. I had MPR build my shortblock and I put the rest of it together in my garage. The coyote was fun to finish out the build.

Started TRT a couple weeks ago, thanks for the help!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Okay cool! I usually do everything possible myself also. I had MPR build my shortblock and I put the rest of it together in my garage. The coyote was fun to finish out the build.

Started TRT a couple weeks ago, thanks for the help!
How you liking it so far? The first thing I noticed was morning wood that I could drive a rail road spike with, lol it was like being in HS again. Goodluck with the TRT!

RE: cars, my neighbors probably hate me. I have done transmission swaps and numerous clutch jobs, had the top end of my 99 SS apart and all over the driveway for a weekend doing a head and cam swap. I have never really torn into a mod motor, coyote etc. I have done blowers, full exhaust etc, but that’s it.

Last edited:

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
How you liking it so far? The first thing I noticed was morning wood that I could drive a rail road spike with, lol it was like being in HS again. Goodluck with the TRT!

RE: cars, my neighbors probably hate me. I have done transmission swaps and numerous clutch jobs, had the top end of my 99 SS apart and all over the driveway for a weekend doing a head and cam swap. I have never really torn into a mod motor, coyote etc. I have done blowers, full exhaust etc, but that’s it.
So far it's been fine. I do notice the morning wood is pretty much a daily. I would still have it but not all the time. As far as injecting, I'm doing it in my quad and it's no problem. Using the 1/2" 27 gauge gear that you linked me to.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So far it's been fine. I do notice the morning wood is pretty much a daily. I would still have it but not all the time. As far as injecting, I'm doing it in my quad and it's no problem. Using the 1/2" 27 gauge gear that you linked me to.
Yeah shallow IM is fine in the quad, half inch needle is GTG. FWIW I wouldn’t ever go over an inch there, lol. I have hit nerves with longer needles. My legs, thighs/quads are real lean… no need for a big ass long needle.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Yeah shallow IM is fine in the quad, half inch needle is GTG. FWIW I wouldn’t ever go over an inch there, lol. I have hit nerves with longer needles. My legs, thighs/quads are real lean… no need for a big ass long needle.
I think the 1/2" is working for me. What would be a sign of not getting the shot deep enough? I bury the whole needle and keep slight downward pressure on the body of the syringe while pushing the plunger.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think the 1/2" is working for me. What would be a sign of not getting the shot deep enough? I bury the whole needle and keep slight downward pressure on the body of the syringe while pushing the plunger.
If you were getting a lump, possibly a welp in subq tissue… FWIW The testosterone will still work, it can just be uncomfortable.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Just killing it in the gym.

Hitting it 7 days a week and modify my workouts with different workloads and reps to accommodate recovery and diet is as clean and on point as I’ve ever had it. Macros are right where I want them. This does take more effort for me than the actual workouts.
No alcohol. No weed now for over 16 months. Sleeping is going well with Cpap.

One set back for me is my best friend, retired marine colonel, and training partner is down and out with this nasty internal Mersa type infection and had to have emergency surgeries to clean it all out.
He’s now got an open wound and almost died and he won’t be back to the gym for a long time.

I have been working out for the both of us.

Today is shoulders.

Myusername

Established Member
Struggling. Trying wegovy to help get rid of fat. No energy for the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
DLS has messed me up. I was doing good getting to bed around 10:30p, waking up at 5am 2 days a week to run/walk...hasen't happened this week. Workouts are OK...not great. My diet needs cleaned up.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

I would recommend getting a full blood panel done as been discussed in this thread by our good friend @03SSnake.

I would rather use TRT for life than that shit they got you on. That imo is just a bandaid approach to a medical condition.

Take it with a grain of salt. I am not a medical doctor just someone that’s been in the gym since the 80’s so I’ve seen a ting or two.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My auto injection leaves a whelp and it itches for a few days. No biggie though.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

That shit has so many side effects, plus I have read/heard there is the potential for rebound weight and then some if you ever stop. I am sure you are already aware of the cons, but if your not, read up..

Have you done recent blood work, CMP, CBC, Hormones etc? Still running TRT? If so dosage and frequency? How is your sleep? If you drink try cutting it out completely.

Also regarding the energy, it may just be shit happening in your life. I have had some rough patches, we all have and it can drain you like vampire. Don’t let it, control what you can i.e. yourself, your actions and **** the rest.

Myusername

Established Member
That shit has so many side effects, plus I have read/heard there is the potential for rebound weight and then some if you ever stop. I am sure you are already aware of the cons, but if your not, read up..

Have you done recent blood work, CMP, CBC, Hormones etc? Still running TRT? If so dosage and frequency? How is your sleep? If you drink try cutting it out completely.

Also regarding the energy, it may just be shit happening in your life. I have had some rough patches, we all have and it can drain you like vampire. Don’t let it, control what you can i.e. yourself, your actions and **** the rest.

Yea I read all the side affects but wanted to try to “cheat” to get rid of some fat before summer. I stopped the injections. I did 2 months and couldn’t take it anymore. It made me so constipated and I felt like crap. I only lost about 5lbs in 2 months. I’m still on TRT. I’ll never stop that. Blood work was done right before I started the wegovy. Everything was good on the lab results. TRT 2x a week .8ml each time. I could barely eat on the wegovy so at work when I was doing something that required physical labor I would get dizzy and almost pass out. Today was the first day I was back in the gym since the beginning of march. It sucked, I’ve lost some strength and definitely stamina. I do not recommend wegovy or ozempic to try to cheat lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread