Troubling News for ordered 2011 GT500s

03reptile

Established Member
As many of you know, myself and a number of others have ordered 2011 GT500s, have received confirmation that they were produced, and then no other information. I've spoken with my dealer, SVT, and Ford customer service, adinfinitum, and no one has given me any more information as to the status of my vehicle, which was supposedly finished on 04/24/2010. Out of frustration, I began researching AAI to find someone in Flatrock, Mi who could provide some explanation. After a number of dead-ends, I was able to talk to someone who seemed knowledgeable. As a caveat, I don't feel comfortable giving out the person's name or phone number, as that would place them in a compromising position with their superiors and I don't want them bombarded with calls from other forum members. They were kind enough to recognize our frustrations and tried to help allay our aggravations. So, let's leave it at that. It seems there IS a quality hold on Mustangs, in general, including our Shelbys. They could not reveal the reason for the hold; however, Ford is working to fix the problem and get them shipped out ASAP. My dealer has told me that when he was in Detroit, last week, he researched the delay and was told it was a faulty Sync- radio module and the plant was replacing same in the Mustangs. This may or may not be the reason, but my dealer is simply passing on what he was told. He is a longtime, personal friend and would not lie to me. I posted this info several days ago. This could explain the slow trickle of vehicles being delivered. They advised there are approximately 4,200 Mustangs sitting on the lot awaiting shipping. They checked my VIN and it has not yet left the factory for the rail yard lot..... Not what I wanted to hear. They estimated the majority of the held cars will be shipped by the end of May. So..... I assume we have a considerable back-up and that will affect cars built after mine, as well. I have no reason to doubt the validity of this information and the person seemed very understanding of our substantial frustration. I'm sorry to be the bearer of this, not so encouraging news, but since Ford has seen fit not to inform its LOYAL, LONGTIME, customers via the customer service line, then at least we now have some inkling of what is going on and can adjust or frustration level, accordingly.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
As many of you know, myself and a number of others have ordered 2011 GT500s, have received confirmation that they were produced, and then no other information. I've spoken with my dealer, SVT, and Ford customer service, adinfinitum, and no one has given me any more information as to the status of my vehicle, which was supposedly finished on 04/24/2010. Out of frustration, I began researching AAI to find someone in Flatrock, Mi who could provide some explanation. After a number of dead-ends, I was able to talk to someone who seemed knowledgeable. As a caveat, I don't feel comfortable giving out the person's name or phone number, as that would place them in a compromising position with their superiors and I don't want them bombarded with calls from other forum members. They were kind enough to recognize our frustrations and tried to help allay our aggravations. So, let's leave it at that. It seems there IS a quality hold on Mustangs, in general, including our Shelbys. They could not reveal the reason for the hold; however, Ford is working to fix the problem and get them shipped out ASAP. My dealer has told me that when he was in Detroit, last week, he researched the delay and was told it was a faulty Sync- radio module and the plant was replacing same in the Mustangs. This may or may not be the reason, but my dealer is simply passing on what he was told. He is a longtime, personal friend and would not lie to me. I posted this info several days ago. This could explain the slow trickle of vehicles being delivered. They advised there are approximately 4,200 Mustangs sitting on the lot awaiting shipping. They checked my VIN and it has not yet left the factory for the rail yard lot..... Not what I wanted to hear. They estimated the majority of the held cars will be shipped by the end of May. So..... I assume we have a considerable back-up and that will affect cars built after mine, as well. I have no reason to doubt the validity of this information and the person seemed very understanding of our substantial frustration. I'm sorry to be the bearer of this, not so encouraging news, but since Ford has seen fit not to inform its LOYAL, LONGTIME, customers via the customer service line, then at least we now have some inkling of what is going on and can adjust or frustration level, accordingly.

The same thing happened last year with the GT500's. I had posted pics of the staging lanes at AAI around late March 2010 packed full of new Mustangs waiting to be shipped. Keep in mind there is still a large amount of 2010 inventory that needs to move as all of the dealers work on allocation.

brisk_tea

Established Member
heck my '08 was done 5/27/08, and wasn't delivered until 7/17/08, and there were no problems at that point...

i have seen 2 svt performance paks at dealers last week, and they are sweet...

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I can only imagine the frustration but I have to commend Ford for taking the initiative to repair the problems before releasing the car. After the whole Toyota debacle, the LAST thing Ford wants to do is to take the scrutinizing public eye off of Toyota and center it on themselves. It sucks but it's a good thing.

-Mike

03reptile

Established Member
I can only imagine the frustration but I have to commend Ford for taking the initiative to repair the problems before releasing the car. After the whole Toyota debacle, the LAST thing Ford wants to do is to take the scrutinizing public eye off of Toyota and center it on themselves. It sucks but it's a good thing.

-Mike

Kinda like casteroil?

CGoeschel

Established Member
I also was told of the Sync Module shortage and a possible labeling problem. My PP GT500 has been built and is just sitting at the plant as well as the other PP GT500 I ordered back in March that is stuck at Ramp 51. :(

*update* I just checked status and my PP GT500 is at Ramp 51 now too.

I was informed that shipping will begin at the end of May as well.

Last edited:

96slowbra

Established Member
i am watching a 2011 Gt that is coming to my dealership and there is a similar situation. production was finished on the 26th of april and it was waiting for shipment on ramp 5p, then the status has never changed. ETA to the dealer is posted as may 9 2010. this morning was the first update i have seen. it is now on a train. so there might be some good news for some of you

03reptile

Established Member
i am watching a 2011 Gt that is coming to my dealership and there is a similar situation. production was finished on the 26th of april and it was waiting for shipment on ramp 5p, then the status has never changed. ETA to the dealer is posted as may 9 2010. this morning was the first update i have seen. it is now on a train. so there might be some good news for some of you

Yesterday, I had left a VM message on one of the AAI executive's phone number and low and behold she called me back just a few minutes ago. She confirmed there had been a QC hold but didn't say what the hold had been. She indicated the cars were shipping as they cleared the hold. There is a considerable back-up for cars to be shipped. She also took my VIN and advised she would find out where my car was, when it would be released (if not already), and when it would get on a rail car for Maryland. I was pleasantly surprised. At least I'll have some concrete info on the car instead of speculating. I'll keep you all posted.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

This is nothing out of the ordinary. They typically hold cars for quality control, software updates and other things on first runs of new vehicles. No need to worry. Just be patient and you'll see the car soon enough. Our 2011 5.0L Gt was supposed to be delivered on May 5th. It's still not here and there's no update as to when it will arrive. As much as I want it here I fully understand that it's out of my control.

Jared

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This is not good as I just ordered mine yesterday. Looks like I'll be at the tail end of the long line!!

You should be fine, by the time the order is acknowledged, shceduled, built, QC'd the line of cars will have made their way out of the lanes.

OP, did you find out if this is relative only to a specific audio option. For instance NAV equipped cars?

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
This happens all the time, not really a big deal. I wouldnt worry its the new model year. Would you rather the release them and have them be faulty?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
hey its much better to hold them an fix the problem, then send them out with an issue. sounds like what toyota does

BigDan

Established Member
Here's a nice stripe delete black svt
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oYxJXZHMpE"]YouTube- 2011 Shelby GT500[/nomedia]

CGoeschel

Established Member
The issues are minor (sync module) and one other affected vehicle that made them hold up the whole show. They're going to be releasing them very soon.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
The old ways of doing business at Ford Motor Company are gone. The plant will close the gates and no vehicles will be released until all concerns are addressed, corrected and bought off.

This is a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread