Troubleshoot me guys...need help

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Ok. I have a forged motor/tranny with a vortech on 9lbs boost. Car has run like a beast since the day I had it tuned a year ago....never a hiccup. Ok, from nowhere I am WAY dpwn on power, horrible sputtering and hesitation and stalling. It is a bear to get started to as it bogs out and dies. I have pulled both a p1131 and a p1151 obd code. Car has strong smell of raw gas on start up when cold. At times, it will pull hard like it is suppose to; however, mostly just a chore to keep it running. Help me out you guys...I have always been able to figure these out with your help. Thanks

Yellow98SVT

Sssnakebite

Established Member
Welll both codes tell me your running lean in both banks.

Have you pulled your battery off and let the computer drain out?

that has solved too many problems for me

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You might have a clogged injector.. or change ur fuel filter.. that's a start :D ^^^ and umm ur effing avatar is win!

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Ok update....

Upon inspection, I have found that the vortech piping and MAF housing is literally wet with oil. For the life of the blower ( one year) it had drawn a tiny bit of oil into the head unit, however, the vortech piping is completely wet. I had kept careful watch on the engine oil level and it has pulled thru alot in the last couple weeks.....so, recap...

1. stumbles, hesitates, stalls, detonates mildly and wont start
2. obd code p1131 and p1151 (lean-both banks)
3. upon start there is a strong smell of raw gas
4. vortech piping is wet with oil and I'm sure it's pulled thru the head unit and into the intake

Have I ruined my O2 sensors with the oil in the intake track? Has a clogged catalytic converter created a negative vacuum in the intake and starting sucking oil out of the intake??

Any ideas guys?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would try to do a catch can setup and check all the above that you have mentioned. :)

Users who are viewing this thread