Troubleshoot issues after procharger install

00stang37

Established Member
The car is a 2000 GT 5-spd with an intercooled p1sc. The car has a tial qr venting to atmosphere, 42# injectors, 04 cobra fuel tank, ngk-6i spark plugs. The car drives fine beside 2 issues.

1. After driving the car and letting it warm up, if I shut the car off to run into the store, it has a hard time turning over. It's getting spark and you can hear it cranking but it'll stall out the first try and start up easier on the second try. If I let the car sit for a while or over night, it starts up first crank without any issues. Does this sound like an issue with the 04 cobra tank/pumps I installed?

2. The car idles good, accelerates good, cruises at normal driving speeds good but it is really hard to drive at slow rush hour speeds. With the car coasting in the lower rpms, it lurches a lot worse than normal before the supercharger. Even in 3rd gear it gets pretty jerky under 2,000rpm. I'm used to the car getting a little jerky at really low rpms closer to 1,000rpm but this makes the car very annoying to drive. If I leave the car in second at a crawl, it'll start to accelerate and pull the car a noticeable difference faster than before also.I adjusted the idle screw when I first started the car after the install and it sits around 7750-8000 rpm at idle. There is no idle idle surge and tuner didn't notice any issues. If this is an issue with the idle set screw, will it affect the tune if I adjust the idle screw?

Thanks

cbrown9064

Established Member
Don't mess with the "idle screw". Idle is set by air from the IAC.

Sounds like something is wrong in the tune. Need to datalog and get back with your tuner.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Agreed! Sounds like tuning issues. As I've had both those issues myself.

First issue could be the tune set for too much fuel during a warm start.

Second could be base idle being set too high and/or really high timing at low rpms.

00stang37

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like it's a job for next spring. I'll get some data logging done and get back to the tuner. Anything I should be looking for in particular or just send the logs out to the tuner and let him interperate it?

Users who are viewing this thread