Trouble with the triaxe?

Cameron57

Established Member
Anyone have trouble hitting second with the triaxe? I cant figure out what im doing wrong lately i cant get it into second so I granny shift it when racing? I use to be able to bang it right in, but it seems really hard lately. Basically I am trying to figure out if its the shifter, me, or a sign the trans is going again....

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
What year is the car? And does it gring when trying to go in? If so sounds like the tsb

white88lx

Established Member
yeah I had the same shifter and purchased the car with the dealership just replacing the clutch and etc and after an easy couple hundred miles second grinds and doesnt go in when shifting real quickly, have to shift quite a bit slower than what im use too with my last car. all other gears are great thou w/ power shifting:shrug:

so in other words i have nothing to say that will help you other than I have the same problem haha

was here

Steeda Rep
Established Member
Cameron57
Has it done this from day one of install?

white88lx
So for a hundred miles it was working just fine? Even when power shifting?

Cameron57

Established Member
Mines an 07 had it since new but the warranty has been up for awhile so I'll be fixing it myself. The stealership already put a trans in it about 3,000 miles. She has 8,150 on it. But yes it grinds if I powershift... God I am having flashbacks of why I hate this trans... It was an absolute nightmare the last time I tried to get it warrantied when it was stock...

-Cameron

Bulldogger

Established Member
Most likely not the shifter. Syncros in tranny are probably heading south

Last edited:

was here

Steeda Rep
Established Member
Yea i know how that goes. Did you do the install yourself? If yes i would take a look just to be sure nothing is out of the ordinary. It sounds like it might be your synchros.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I found removing the center console lid when going out to the track improved my 1-2 shift by giving my elbow that exta 1.5"

Last edited:

white88lx

Established Member
Cameron57
Has it done this from day one of install?

white88lx
So for a hundred miles it was working just fine? Even when power shifting?

What i meant that with normal driving it drives excellent nothing wrong. But when powershifting "I HAVE" a problem with 1-2 shift. not sure if its relating to driver error or shifter or what or the mere change from my tko600 i raced for years into a hydraulic set up...idk, but when i slow it down just a hair i dont have a problem. whatever, either way its a blast to drive and i dont think to much about it

Cameron57

Established Member
That's my thought how are so many people racing with these trans if I'm going to pull it I'll just beef it up or put an auto in it. Are other peoples syncros holding?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I read an article i believe in Motor Trend about the new CTS-V's and how GM with with a higher quality synchro in their TR6060's than ford did. I'll try to dig it up

white88lx

Established Member
i wouldnt waste the money on rebuilding it/ beefing it up...the transmission as they sit already handle a crap load of power. put the money somewhere else in the car and just leave the trans as it is...thats my .02

Bulldogger

Established Member
Thanks who sell aftermarket kits for these that aren't a arm and a leg?
You maybe able to cut the teeth differently for second gear too speed shift easier. I can find out if you want. My Buddy owns a tranny shop and does some weird high horsepower builds every now and then.

Cameron57

Established Member
Well this will be the second time it's broke so I don't want to have to do it again. Yes please find out maybe I'll just go with an auto???

Bulldogger

Established Member
Well this will be the second time it's broke so I don't want to have to do it again. Yes please find out maybe I'll just go with an auto???
My buddy says before you do anything, to first try a different tranny fluid.
I know several guys on here swear by the Amsoil ATF stuff did you ever give that a try?

Cameron57

Established Member
I changed to the the amsoil less grind but harder to hit second... Go figure. That was less than a 1000miles ago. The ford fluid looked perfect no metal or anything so I'm currently lost. If it doesn't get straighten out after awhile I'll just pull it beef it up and put a clutch and flywheel in while its out...

Users who are viewing this thread