Trouble with HD steeda upper strut mounts

Dawgstang

Established Member
Recently installed steeda springs and HD upper strut mount on my 2012 BOSS. The strut mounts are capable of a camber adjustment of +/- 1 degree. Anyways the passenger side is good. I can make an adjustment of almost -2 degrees on the pass side. On the driver side I can only get -.5 degrees of camber out of the plates, what gives? I'm pretty sure they are installed correctly. This happen to anyone or any helpful advice?

Dawgstang

Established Member
Positive directions indicate steeda logo does not face center. This is how they are installed. Guess I'll pull it back apart and check. What else could it be, right?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
That's the only thing It can be if you aren't using camber bolts along with the mounts.

More then probably the side that you can not get enough camber is facing the wrong direction.

It's no big deal to fix this since you can spin the mount without taking apart the strut.

Just make sure the logos are facing the away from the engine and are towards the fenders.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Established Member
If that does not solve it ... shoot me an email with your order number and any install pictures. My email address is [email protected].

I can talk to our installers to see if they have any suggestions.

Best Regards,

TJ

Dawgstang

Established Member
Took the driver side apart and the Steeda logo was pointing away from center. Looked at mount which looked OK. Made sure I was pushing top of strut inward before tightening spindle to strut bolts. I can now get -.75 degrees with my caster/camber gauge. It's within specs, so I'm calling it good.

Users who are viewing this thread