Trouble starting...

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
The past few weeks my truck has been hard to start. It will start up fine first thing in the morning. I drive it about 15 miles to work and then it sits all day, about 9 hours. When I get in to start it up after work it doesnt want to fire. It will turn over several times before it finally fires up. I have also noticed that when it does this all of my gauges will do a full sweep. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? Only thing that has changed in the past few weeks is the temperature has been in the 50's around here.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
my truck didnt want to start after i put on my mid pipe the next morning .... turned it over and it would die did it again and die over and over couldnt figure it out checked my tune.. it was good .. not to mention i was leaving for florida that morning 1500 miles from where i live poped the hood took off my aic up on the intake pass side. cleaned it out with some trottle body cleaner put it back on fired right up hasent done it since ... worth a shot ..

JollyGiant

Established Member
Guage sweep indicates a battery problem. Try cleaning the battery terminals and if that doesn't help then it's probably time for a new battery.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Well.. The temps have been higher here lately and I havnt had any problems with the truck starting. I am going to try and get the battery checked this weekend. It must be the cold weather taking its toll on the battery. Thanks for everyones input.

Users who are viewing this thread