Trouble shooting whirling noise

Turbosnake95

Established Member
Since I have had my '14 I now have 3500 miles on the OD. over the past I say 4 to 5 weeks I have been noticing a whirling noise coming from the car. This noise is made when accelerating or reving the engine. It also makes the noise while decelerating.

Not sure if others have had this issue. I did find an old You Tube video with a '13 making the noise. Unfortunately I cannot find any final outcome of what it was. Is this just normal noise?

shelby 13 engine noise - YouTube

:shrug:

Last edited:

sftdyna

Established Member
Since I have had my '14 I now have 3500 miles on the OD. over the past I say 4 to 5 weeks I have been noticing a whirling noise coming from the car. This noise is made when accelerating or reving the engine. It also makes the noise while decelerating.

Not sure if others have had this issue. I did find an old You Tube video with a '13 making the noise. Unfortunately I cannot find any final outcome of what it was. Is this just normal noise?

shelby 13 engine noise - YouTube

Open your pass or drivers side door and look in the jam towards the front fender you will see some insulation that prevents you from seeing past the door hinges! I found that on my pass side the insulation fell down enabling me to see into the fender, once fixed that sound you described was gone.

Myfast70

Established Member
Being that both of you have the track pack, could it possibly have something to do with the pump in the trans for the cooler? I understand that the cars may not be in gear but the internals are still moving around to some degree

sftdyna

Established Member
Being that both of you have the track pack, could it possibly have something to do with the pump in the trans for the cooler? I understand that the cars may not be in gear but the internals are still moving around to some degree
I also have the trac pack but no longer hear that noise!

Users who are viewing this thread