trouble(rattling in neutral after new clutch cable install)

jcf69

Established Member
replaced my stretched clutch cable with a new stock cable, now with the engine running and the tranny in neutral i keep hearing a loud rattle from underneath ,could my bearing be riding the fingers??? any thoughts would be helpfull and appreciated.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Could be the clutch cable cover. Is the pedal rattling?

Does the rattle go away when you depress the clutch a little?

jcf69

Established Member
Could be the clutch cable cover. Is the pedal rattling?

Does the rattle go away when you depress the clutch a little?
no sir the cover is off and pedal is not rattling but it does go away when i press on the clutch and i can see the bearing spin while in neutral i think my stock adjuster quadrant might have become damaged when i streched the original cable ,i hit a speed bump could it be damaged teeth on the adjuster kind of hard to see under there

termin80r

Established Member
My 03 does this everytime i have the trans out and reinstall it. for me, it is always the clutch fork rattling against the pivot ball. i have the firewall adjuster and i just tighten the cable until it quits rattling. the first time this happened to me, it took forever to figure out what it was. hope this helps.

jcf69

Established Member
My 03 does this everytime i have the trans out and reinstall it. for me, it is always the clutch fork rattling against the pivot ball. i have the firewall adjuster and i just tighten the cable until it quits rattling. the first time this happened to me, it took forever to figure out what it was. hope this helps.

thanks for the reply and info/i think that is the problem because when i pull on the fork the rattling goes away. so im ordering a firewall adjuster and quadrant hope it does the trick

jcf69

Established Member
did you try lifting up on the clutch pedal to re adjust it with the new cable?

tried that over and over, i think the teeth on the stock adjuster were damaged when my fork hit a speed bump and streched my old cable. thanks for replying.

Users who are viewing this thread