trouble choosing exhaust

:decepTion:

Established Member
I'm having trouble picking an exhaust. I do not want to get borla as everyone seems to have it including one of my close friends I frequently cruise with during the summer. I'm having trouble deciding between setups I want it to sound very mean and loud but not so loud that I can't talk to a passenger or not hear my radio when I turn it up. I also want to be able to hear my eaton scream loud and clear still. :)

I hear magnaflow is on the quiet side...
Basically im trying to decide:
Bassani or/x and bassani cb
Bassani or/x or Slp lm1
or any other combinations u guys may recommend anyone have videos of these set ups because most of the videos I've seen have been bad quality or mismatched set ups of what I'm exactly looking to try and hear.
Your input is appreciated.. thanks

mach1033

Established Member
If you plan on running an off road x pipe then I would suggest the magnaflow catback. It has the perfect sound in my opinion. You can cruise around and still listen to music like you said and then sound mean as hell when you go wot. I had the dynomax 3 inch system and believe it or not my magnapacks were louder when I cruised. There was no drone at all and at wot they sounded very aggressive.

:decepTion:

Established Member
Well while I'm just cruising I want it to sound pretty mean still not just wot where is a good place to buy magnapacks anyways I've never really found a place they sell em

mach1033

Established Member
Well while I'm just cruising I want it to sound pretty mean still not just wot where is a good place to buy magnapacks anyways I've never really found a place they sell em

I bought the magnapacks from Nino sport. You gonna have to get them welded in. There gonna be very loud with an off road x pipe

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I have the Bassani CB, I love it. It's a perfect balance between sound at cruising and sound at wot. And they look sick polished.

svtrookie

Established Member
I have Kooks long tubes, O/R X, and a Mac stainless Cb. Sounds mean and it's not terriblly loud when crusing. I always get compliments on the sound of the car.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd definitely go with Magnaflow. It's a proven system and it's what we use on all of our cars. Our 1000+ rwhp shelby, our Boss 302, and the 2011 GT all run Magnaflow catbacks and we've been more than satisfied with the sound and fitment in their catbacks.

You can find the Magnaflow catback for your cobra here

Magnaflow 03-04 Cobra Cat-Back Exhaust System [15644] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

15644_MED.jpg

Let us know if there's anything else I can help you with. Don't forget you can take advantage of your forum discount by using SVTPERF online. You can also give myself or any one of our reps a call.

Thanks

John

mach1033

Established Member
Wow thanks a lot for your input guys I think I'm going to go with a magnaflow cb now I need to decide on a midpipe

Stick with the magnaflow mid pipe. You will have zero fitment issues. This was my first set up when I bought my car 6 years ago. Mine was a catted x pipe so it was it was very quiet until you gunned it. When I put in the magnapacks it was a different story. I couldn't imagine what they would sound like with an off road set up.

Users who are viewing this thread