Trouble at the track

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
So I went to the track last night and it was terrible! Besides the fact that my nittos weren't hooking at all and it was 95 degrees outside, my tranny was also acting up.:bash:

Every time after I did my burnout and staged up my tranny would get really stiff and not want to go into gear. Going down the track the car did not want to shift into any gear. Getting it into 3rd required two hands which isn't exactly the safest thing to do while going down the track. After each run I'd park the car to let it cool and I'd adjust the clutch cable via my firewall adjuster. Same thing would happen each pass. Last time I went to the track It was fine and although I was still having traction issues, at least I was able to shift and trap 120mph. My drive line mods are in my sig. Does anyone else share this problem? Any suggestions? :shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
How long between runs? These things need a long, long time to cool down or the clutch will act up on you.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
At first I thought the cable might be too tight so i loosened it a good amount, but same problem! Posi my 1st run was right when I got there and the rest were about 15-20 min cool down which I guess isn't a lot of time in between. If any of you guys have the Fiore firewall adjuster how tight/loose do you set yours at?

03snakeminated

Established Member
was that at moroso? [palm beach international ] you should invest in a bigger I/c reservoir and pack that sucker w/ ice (i know I am going to) it will help tremendously so I heard especially now since its blistering hot

03snakeminated

Established Member
about the clutch, I was having similarlike symptoms which was hard as crap to get into gears and adjusted clutch/cable and changed tranny fluid and is back to normal

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Yes it was at PBIR. I do think next time I'm going to try and cool it down a lot between each run. Heat really kills these cars...
I guess I'll try changing the fluid again and messing with the adjustment and see if that helps any?

Users who are viewing this thread