Triple Pick-up or Speed Release?

Emil

Established Member
Guys,
When speed shifting quite frequently I miss the 1-2 shift because not pushing in the clutch enough. I want to get a UPR Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster but I'm not sure if the Speed Relase one will allow me to raise the clutch release point off of the floor enough. I'm thinking the Triple Pick-Up would do that but then I would like the quicker ramp of the Speed Release. Any experience with these products and recommendations?
Thanks

x14

Established Member
Depends on how much adjustment you need. If you don't need a wide range then you might be able to get away with just the firewall adjuster. The Triple Pickup-Quadrant will most likely release faster than stock.

I have the Steeda Double Hook Quadrant and it releases faster than that cheap piece of stock plastic.

Last edited:

Emil

Established Member
As far as adjustment, I want to raise it higher off the floor, how much, I don't know till I try it. I want to make sure I have a safe enough margin so that when the clutch is released the TOB is not resting on the clutch fingers.

hawkls1

Established Member
the upr speed release will make the cluctch pedal real hard to press down.i had it my car and took it out .I replaced it with the UPR triple pick up and its was much easier.I install its in the second pick up .hopr this helps.

hawkls1

Established Member
No,pedal Travel About The Same As Stock.i Bin Looking Into Steeda Adjustable Pedal Because The Pedal Has Alway Bin To High For My Taste Too.

hawkls1

Established Member
THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME As STOCK PEDAL HEIGHT.The differents is the travel ratio.JUST get yourself the UPR triple hook release and there firewall adjuster.and you can use the stock cable.the steeda pedal height adjuster is like a clutch pedal stop.stoping the pedal from coming all the way back.you can adjust the height of the pedal then adjust the clutch cable with the firewall adjuster.hope this help.

Chas

Established Member
I just got the speed release and firewall adj. and it wouldn't work with the stock cable(to long) even with the adj. all the way out. A triple hook and a firewall adjuster will give the the ability to adjust it the way you like and still work with the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread