Triple kill?

chknhwk

On my way home from work last night I swing through a local town for the 'free bridge.' It adds about ten minutes to my drive but adds money to my wallet and several stop lights on the way.
As I come up to the first light I pass a 'modded' mid/early 80's firebird. (Do twin cherry bombs count as modded? :bash: )
I take off from the light kind of easy, maybe 3/4 throttle and I hang with him pretty easy but then some new VW with big wheels on it rolls by. I ease into the throttle a bit more (now in third) to take him to see if he's up but he's really not as he's turning at the next light.
Ok, VW to my left, some 80's Honda Civic to my right and the F/B on his right. Civic looks at me and light changes to green. Again, take off at 3/4 just to keep up with the F/B but Civic nowhere to be seen - imagine that. :nonono:
Next light, finally, just the F/B and me. I look over I think he's ready and the light changes. (I really shouldn't be doing this with the condition my engine is in but I spent the money to have fun, right?)
I nail it and luckily there was very little wheel hop out of the front. I'm neck and neck and just as the car gets to the secondaries in first my exhaust is right by his open window. The car PULLS like I hit a second gas pedal and launches me past him. I grab second and he's starting to pass me but second blows me right by him again. Then I tapped the rev limiter in second on purpose before shifting - I was right next to him - and passed him in third, too!! Oh wow that was a fun one. I didn't see him after that at all... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread