Trip to the dyno=not good news!

kcast

LEO
Established Member
Trip to the dyno=not good news! *UPDATE*

Well, glad I went to the dyno
Mods are in the sig, it was tuned before last did 507/497, since then the previous owner added a catted x-pipe and I added a 100 mm aux idler to help with the belt slip. the dyno jet said my airfuel was 16.8!AHHHH. In the low RPM's it starts at about 15.2 then drops to 13.0 then up to about 16 where it ends up at about 16.8 and the line looks like it was sketched by a three year old!!! I was just wanting to share this info with you all b/c apparently a catted x and an aux idler does make a big difference!!! Oh and it only put down 467/397! Its not the dyno either b/c my buddies whipple cobra put down 530/515 with his street tune (he said it should be close).... I am thinking the damn fuel pump went out!!! I hope not! What do you think??

Last edited:

cobra101

Established Member
Don't drive it :) At the least drive it softly. I am sure they can test the fuel pump. Take it to your tuner if possible. Something is wrong, as you already knew. I would be it was NOT the addition of the xpipe and idler. Like you suggested, maybe the fuel pump.

MY DREAM

Established Member
I don't see any mods in your sig, but to put down 507/497 I would think you need a lot of bolt ons and at least a 2 pound lower. Thier are some folks here with an upper (2.9, 2.8, 2.7) a ported blower, full exhaust, full intake and a few other little things that make a little over 500 at the wheels. I can't say cause I don't know what your mods are. Are you still using the Heaton or a Whipple?

James

kcast

LEO
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
I don't see any mods in your sig, but to put down 507/497 I would think you need a lot of bolt ons and at least a 2 pound lower. Thier are some folks here with an upper (2.9, 2.8, 2.7) a ported blower, full exhaust, full intake and a few other little things that make a little over 500 at the wheels. I can't say cause I don't know what your mods are. Are you still using the Heaton or a Whipple?

James

sorry steigy stg IV ported blower/tb/plenum, 2.80 upper, aux idler, exhaust, cai, and sct tune, im thinking the fuel pump went out...have to datalog it and see what the fuel press. is

MY DREAM

Established Member
Yea, somethings not right, with your mods I would say you should be around 490-510. Your TQ should be around 460-470 or so, your TQ was really low! When you data log check your MAF volts, FRPS, Fuel pump duty cycle, and spark advance.

James

dynobobstieg

kcast said:
sorry steigy stg IV ported blower/tb/plenum, 2.80 upper, aux idler, exhaust, cai, and sct tune, im thinking the fuel pump went out...have to datalog it and see what the fuel press. is

If we can be of Any help give us a call. :thumbsup:

636-949-2275

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, time to data log it. Your previous numbers of 507/497 are just where they should be with the Stieg IV port and 2.8" upper.

Nothing to do with your problem, but could you tell me:
what your boost is,
at what rpm you made peak hp and tq,
how much timing you run,
what octane fuel,
and where your AFR used to be when things were running right?

Hope you get it fixed!

kcast

LEO
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
If we can be of Any help give us a call. :thumbsup:

636-949-2275

thanks guys, but i dont think its anything to do with the blower, im thinking one of the pumps went out, or the maf is acting up...ill keep ya posted thanks for the input

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Have you upgraded your Mass Air Meter? I think you need to check on an upgrade and check the fuel pumps. The person who built my Lightning is in Conway, SC. Right next to you. My truck puts down over 600+ with low timing and pump gas for just my street tune. I highly recommend you go see him. He knows Fords especially Lightnings and Cobras. He has an in house dyno. His name is Arthur Todd(AVT Performance). Number in my sig.

Last edited:

kcast

LEO
Established Member
I think i found out the problem!!! I took out my ecu to start hooking up my DJWBC and there was something bouncing around inside of it!---It was my CHIP!!! I plugged it back and and put some more tape on the top, so, once i finish getting this WBC hooked up I'll check the AFR....

Redfire03

Established Member
Thoose number seem really high to me. You can see what my car puts down in my sig and we have basically the same car?

kcast

LEO
Established Member
Redfire03 said:
Thoose number seem really high to me. You can see what my car puts down in my sig and we have basically the same car?

were you on a dyno jet?? I've seen anything from 499/500 to 525/530 with an upper/lower and a port....mine did 507/497 on Modular Powerhouses dyno with belt slip, lately i've been seeing more over the 500s with a ported blower, could be in the tune?? not sure

kcast

LEO
Established Member
kcast said:
I think i found out the problem!!! I took out my ecu to start hooking up my DJWBC and there was something bouncing around inside of it!---It was my CHIP!!! I plugged it back and and put some more tape on the top, so, once i finish getting this WBC hooked up I'll check the AFR....

got the wideband hooked up and problem solved, AFR is 11.2-11.8

kcast

LEO
Established Member
Well WTF!? Went back to the dyno, AFR is great, mother F'er only put down 467/422!!! This is a ported eaton w/ a 2.8, ive seen non-ported eatons put down more hp/tq, any input appreciated! Anyone??

Last edited:

kcast

LEO
Established Member
not 100% sure, but Tim @MPH tuned it and hes one of the best....gonna do a leak down test to make sure its not hurt from running it w/out the chip, no detonation though

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
kcast said:
Well WTF!? Went back to the dyno, AFR is great, mother F'er only put down 467/422!!! This is a ported eaton w/ a 2.8, ive seen non-ported eatons put down more hp/tq, any input appreciated! Anyone??

My unported 2.8 put down 471WHP/505WTQ!

kcast

LEO
Established Member
cpu77 said:
My unported 2.8 put down 471WHP/505WTQ!

yeah something is definately wrong...no idea! two other cars read lower than normal but there were also two that were where they shouldve been

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
I want to know why you didnt kill the MF'r that ran your car a whole pull with a A/F of 16 to 1.............
Check and make sure your getting all the commanded Fuel pressure called for usually around 40-45psi.

Users who are viewing this thread