Trip to Poland

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Spent the last month visiting my Parents in Poland, definitely has changed since Communism but it ain't CA lol

Town I was born in

DSC00289.jpg

Public housing in Eastern Europe it's called Blocks

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00210-1.jpg

Church I was Baptised in built in the 1400's

DSC00137.jpg

Some vehicles I saw

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

Architecture (definitely one of the highlights of Europe)

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

Scenery

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00411-1.jpg

DSC00424-1.jpg

DSC00433-1.jpg

Lots of statues and military/war memorials over there, this is a place where two WWII soldiers were buried in the forest, people still go out there and replace their candles and flowers regularly

DSC00425.jpg

Beer Kiosk on the street (These are EVERYWHERE)

DSC00319.jpg

Gas (per Liter in Polish money equates to about $7 a gallon)

DSC00223-1.jpg

Last edited:

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
$7 a gallon? Good lawd! Nice pictures man, did you enjoy yourself at those kiosks?

Yeah $6-7 a gallon and people still drive like crazy and yeah I hadn't seen my parents or family for a long time so I was basically drinking vodka and about 4-8 pints of beer a day 7 days a week.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
That's awesome! My dad is from Wola Rogowska and my mom is from Katowice! I want to go to Poland some day so I can see it and meet my extended family.

-Mike

my92gt

Established Member
One of my friends here on SVTP is from Poland.. He might chime in and remember his childhood... And it's a beautiful place I bet...

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Beautiful pics and thanks for sharing. Its good to be able to see other places through the eyes and camera lens of others.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
very nice pictures. I love seeing the old architecture shots. They have some beautiful buildings over there. Thanks for sharing. I would love the beer kiosk, haha

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
oh i love poland! my whole family is there. my parents came over during the uprising in the 80's. we're from bydoscz (still working on my polish spelling lol)

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
oh i love poland! my whole family is there. my parents came over during the uprising in the 80's. we're from bydoscz (still working on my polish spelling lol)

Awesome, my dad and uncle were actually part of the Solidarity movement in the 80's, my dad had to cross the border right before they declared martial law and get to Austria to claim political asylum, couple years later my mom brother and I were able to join him. Those were crazy times, hearing my dad and uncle talk about some of the things they went through, what the Russians were doing and the risks they took it's absolutely crazy!

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
The public housing there seems to look at lot more cleaner, no people hanging out on the streets, etc.... HMMmmmmmmm

Don't even get me started I went to a city of 1 million people all races all social backgrounds and didn't see anyone playing loud music in their cars, yellling or rapping on the light rail trains or causing any issues, people say hello let women and children go first and talk to their neighbors, I love America but you tell me where in the states you can go to a major city and find that, this country really needs to start taking accountability and having some respect for itself and authority. My parents brought me here as a little kid but I still remember the cold war and communism and all the BS they had to go through to get us out, right now Europe seems to be progressing while America seems to be regressing, God help us!

Last edited:

SBTerminator

Established Member
Very cool pictures. I was there last summer and took my wife with me. She was never there. The church that you were baptised in, is that in Sopot? My grandma lives in Gdynia, and then I have other family in Gdansk and Wroclaw.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Very cool pictures. I was there last summer and took my wife with me. She was never there. The church that you were baptised in, is that in Sopot? My grandma lives in Gdynia, and then I have other family in Gdansk and Wroclaw.

No I was born in Pabianice pretty much all my family is in Pabianice or around Lodz.

Users who are viewing this thread