Trip computer miles to empty/MPG calculation is way off... any ideas?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I tried searching the forums already and have yet to stumble on this issue. My trip computer is showing that I am averaging a little over 6 mpg and my low fuel warning light comes on even before I've used a half tank of gas! I'm running a KB 2.8 with ID1000s and a BAP on stock fuel pumps.

I've calculated my mpg several times based on miles driven since my last fill-up (I reset my trip computer every time I gas up) and the amount of gas I just put in the tank. For example, I filled up the other day after driving 156.3 miles on a tank, and put 12.6 gallons in--for an average of 12.4 mpg. On the contrary, my trip computer said I got 6.5 mpg:

9803e89629444a790248628ccec91ac8.jpg

After searching, the only potential culprit I've come across is the sending unit. However, the head SVT tech at my dealer told me that the sending unit only impacts the fuel gauge (which seems to be working fine on my car) and not the trip computer.

I've asked two separate tuners about this and neither were able to shed much light on the issue except suggest it's related to the sending unit. Has anyone on here had experience with an issue like mine?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I've experienced the same thing before with similar mods and tuning as what you have in your car and got the same response. It is not your sending unit.

Verify that your rear gear ratio and tire revs per mile are programmed correctly in your tune. Then perform a Keep Alive Memory (KAM) reset. Let me know how that works out.

Kempf

Established Member
Hi.

Same setup and the same problem.

KAM reset only helps untill you go wot then the Mpg calculation is way off again.

Regards
Stephan

Sendt fra min SM-G928F med Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread