Tried Duragloss on 2014 GT500

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
2014 SGM GT500.

I've been using Zaino products for the last 17 years and have always been satisfied with it. Last week I decided to give Duragloss a shot.

I washed & dried the car, then started with a thin coat of Duragloss 601 & let it haze. After that I put on a coat of Duragloss 105, let it dry, and buffed it off with a microfiber towel.

It looks as good as anything that i have ever Zaino'd in my opinion. The 105 was a little harder to apply than Z2, but still not difficult. The lower price of the Duragloss is nice. I like it...might stick with it. I need to take some better pics in the sun...

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1203.JPG
    Copy of IMG_1203.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 148

Imatk

Established Member
I believe DG and Zaino are the same product after various tests and similarities... I too use DG105 and have found it lasts just as long as ZAIO (which is what I believe it is modeled after).

Good stuff and a MUCH better price.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I believe DG and Zaino are the same product after various tests and similarities... I too use DG105 and have found it lasts just as long as ZAIO (which is what I believe it is modeled after).

Good stuff and a MUCH better price.
do you find ZAIO as hard to apply as DG105? I never tried ZAIO; always used Z1 and then would coat over that with Z2 once or twice. That's my only complaint about the DG105, was that it took more elbow grease to get it spread out on the paint.

Imatk

Established Member
It's the same for me. I didn't use the 601 first though so I'm not sure if that might have been your issue.

I've never had a hard time with either.

I never used Z1 either, I always used their "ZFX" stuff which was expensive and would dry out after a couple months.

I suspect the Z1 may have played better with the Z2 since the Z2 doesn't have any cleaners.

ZAIO and DG105 have mild cleaners in them.

Users who are viewing this thread