Tricks to remove the screw-head fasteners on these cars..?

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Have tried grabbing it every which way and the plastic screws just spin in the retaining clip holes

Forgot to install the license plate LED's

About to drill these suckers out but nothing to replace them with :LOL:

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
You need to be gentle. Just put a real small screw driver between the head and the base. Pry up gently as screw it out if it's the phillips type.
Pry up with a mini-screwdriver against the bottom of the phillips head? I'll try prying around, thanks. These things were poorly designed, I might replace them with plastic snap-in rivets; you can buy 100 of them for like $10

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Pry up with a mini-screwdriver against the bottom of the phillips head? I'll try prying around, thanks. These things were poorly designed, I might replace them with plastic snap-in rivets; you can buy 100 of them for like $10
I was heavy into parting out and modifying the 0304 mach1's and cobras. Early on Ford didn't offer the correct replacement faster for the front spoiler attachment. So I contacted a local buddy who had access to that info. Sure enough he found the exact design and manufacture that supplied them to Ford. He said you'll have to buy 10,000 of them. My big baller attitude was order them sum bitches. So here's 1 opened of three boxes I have.
Screenshot_20230813-063947_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20230813-063935_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20230813-063922_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813-063935_Gallery.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230813-063935_Gallery.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 38

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I was heavy into parting out and modifying the 0304 mach1's and cobras. Early on Ford didn't offer the correct replacement faster for the front spoiler attachment. So I contacted a local buddy who had access to that info. Sure enough he found the exact design and manufacture that supplied them to Ford. He said you'll have to buy 10,000 of them. My big baller attitude was order them sum bitches. So here's 1 opened of three boxes I have. View attachment 1805345View attachment 1805346View attachment 1805348

Soooooo... out of those 10,000 how many did you actually use?

You should sell them in bulk bags - like 20 to a baggie.

lilrifraf666

Established Member
Are these the same ones that hold the flaps on the cover for the headlights? I had to order some from LMR and paid insane money to have 2 of them shipped to Canada. I would be willing to buy a half dozen (or more) if your were to sell some and mail them to Canada.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Are these the same ones that hold the flaps on the cover for the headlights? I had to order some from LMR and paid insane money to have 2 of them shipped to Canada. I would be willing to buy a half dozen (or more) if your were to sell some and mail them to Canada.

Yes, they would be the same type of securing push pin.

However it's hard to tell of the actual diameter of the base of the heads in the image.

The factory originals had (2) smaller style where (1) each was the last hole over the L and over the R headlight "flap". Those (2) pins were about the size of a nickel.

The remaining holes of the black plastic rad cover used a larger size pin, which the base of it was just about the size of a quarter in diameter.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
I was heavy into parting out and modifying the 0304 mach1's and cobras. Early on Ford didn't offer the correct replacement faster for the front spoiler attachment. So I contacted a local buddy who had access to that info. Sure enough he found the exact design and manufacture that supplied them to Ford. He said you'll have to buy 10,000 of them. My big baller attitude was order them sum bitches. So here's 1 opened of three boxes I have. View attachment 1805345View attachment 1805346View attachment 1805348

Yep those things..! I think everyone of us should buy a whole bag of them because lawd are they worthless Lol

Users who are viewing this thread