trickflow news

svtjlp

Established Member
just called said price would be 2100-2300 depending upon what they have to put into them march should be release date. :banana:

SVT2122

Established Member
2475927505_24846c41a7.jpg

uncooked

Established Member
Gonna have a longblock package setup with the TF heads in the future I'm hoping ? I can see this in my future :coolman:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Gonna have a longblock package setup with the TF heads in the future I'm hoping ? I can see this in my future :coolman:

When these heads are out, I can see this in many peoples future, inlcuding my own :D They are definitely going to attract more people to go built IMO. FFS

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I'll def have a nice stage three TEA ported set

Thats exactly what I went with.

Not going to wait till March when there release for new heads.
Plus nobody knows what combo's will work best as far as cams go.
It's going to be a few months at least after march till everyone gets this tested properly and worked out what lift and duration to use....

Not to mention my TEA stage III heads flow more than the TF heads anyways. :thumbsup:

I'm sure down the road, I might switch, but I'll let the other guys be the guinea pigs.....

FordFanStan

Established Member
Not to mention my TEA stage III heads flow more than the TF heads anyways. :thumbsup:

Shag, you're comparing a completely ported, then welded and ported again, set of heads compared to an as cast version of the TFS heads. I am sure the ported TFS heads, whether it be the TFS R versions or ported by another reputable company they will far outflow most stock Ford casting ported heads out there, if not all. As for cams, TFS is working on their own cams to use with these heads, however my guess is they will only be dealing with n/a cams at first, if not only. IMO comparing their profile of n/a cams to a pre-existing n/a cam will give people a very rough idea of what may come of a s/c cam, but obviously it will take lots of testing to find out exactly what will work.

Something else to think about is your pistons. Your pistons are going to be notched for a stock Ford head casting valve placement design, and to use the new TFS heads in the future will require some different fly cutting or a different design piston with new valve reliefs as well. Just food for though bud. That is if you are staying 2v? I seen those 4v pistons pictured and it made me wonder if you were going all out :shrug: :banana:. FFS

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Sticking with 2V. From what I saw the gains vs cost of 2v vs 4v was not enough in my mind. If I need a little more power, I'll up the shot of nitrous, or add a meth kit. :)

I hear ya on the ported TF heads. But its all speculation until someone does it. so like I said, my TEA heads flow more than the TF heads.

Sure TF may flow more down the road, but your just guessing for now, unless you know something the rest of don't. :) I'm not one for speculation, I go by facts that are out there. There is no doubt in my mind they will flow incredible, but not one number has been shown yet, because only a select few even have the heads on a vehicle, and to my knowledge not one person has even thought of porting them yet. Correct me if I'm wrong thou...

As far as cams, thats what I was saying.... your going to need a custom setup, thats awesome TF is working on some, but like you said if there only for N/A, then what good are they for us? We wont get the ideal power they should make....

Already have custom designed Diamond Pistons on the way. Sticking with this setup. I just want to run a high 9 second pass in the 1/4 and I'll be happy.
Piston.jpg

FordFanStan

Established Member
Sticking with 2V. From what I saw the gains vs cost of 2v vs 4v was not enough in my mind. . .

Already have custom designed Diamond Pistons on the way. Sticking with this setup. I just want to run a high 9 second pass in the 1/4 and I'll be happy.
Piston.jpg

Shaggy, thats was what I was trying to tell you brother, you are posting pictures of 4v pistons, and said you were going 2v, it was a bit confusing. Anyway lets hope this whole Trick Flow thing gets in gear and gets moving already. Hurry hurry hurry TF. FFS

whiteonblackL

Established Member
Shaggy, thats was what I was trying to tell you brother, you are posting pictures of 4v pistons, and said you were going 2v, it was a bit confusing. Anyway lets hope this whole Trick Flow thing gets in gear and gets moving already. Hurry hurry hurry TF. FFS

ya im anxious to see what these bitches do..

Users who are viewing this thread