Trick Flow 195 Heads

Ebrunott

Established Member
Hey all, I've got kind of a survey to propose to you guys. I'm going to be replacing my old worn out 98 GT's motor with a low miles SOHC non-PI motor (essentially the same motor, just healthier)

Is anyone running the trick flow heads on the NON-PI motors. What kind of results are you guys getting? Any other options I can look at? Looking at a 300rwhp NA set up for this car. Its going to be a DD so it doesnt have to be extreme, I'm probably going to be running 373 gears in it.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Do a search there's quite a few informative threads on 2V N/A builds. One guy with a bullitt made close to 400hp/tq N/A. The avg I've seen with tf heads, cam, full bolt ons was 320-34x to the tire.

Ebrunott

Established Member
Hey thanks, though i'm not quite sure what to search for. I keep getting random results about nothing relating to it. But you provided me a good start!

:beer:

Stang Lover

Established Member
Np. You can also check sn95forums.com also for more info. I see your in NC as well I'm in fayetteville area how ever far that is from you.

Gregg@TFS

Established Member
Hey all, I've got kind of a survey to propose to you guys. I'm going to be replacing my old worn out 98 GT's motor with a low miles SOHC non-PI motor (essentially the same motor, just healthier)

Is anyone running the trick flow heads on the NON-PI motors. What kind of results are you guys getting? Any other options I can look at? Looking at a 300rwhp NA set up for this car. Its going to be a DD so it doesnt have to be extreme, I'm probably going to be running 373 gears in it.

Making the power you are looking to make is quite easy with the top end kit we offer. You will need to swap over to a PI intake just incase you did not know. You will also want to go with the 185cc, 44cc chambered heads to keep the compression around 10.0:1.

Stanger00

Established Member
I could be wrong but I think the 195's require a .020 hone over stock block.

The 185 heads are awesome. I run them on my car and they make about 30hp over stage 3 PI heads with similar cams and they are out of the box.

Ebrunott

Established Member
Making the power you are looking to make is quite easy with the top end kit we offer. You will need to swap over to a PI intake just incase you did not know. You will also want to go with the 185cc, 44cc chambered heads to keep the compression around 10.0:1.

Awesome, this looks like the way I'll be going oncee I get a new heartbeat in her. :pepper:

I could be wrong but I think the 195's require a .020 hone over stock block.

The 185 heads are awesome. I run them on my car and they make about 30hp over stage 3 PI heads with similar cams and they are out of the box.

Is this information I'll be able to find on the website? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread