Tribute to cleanest Sn95 ever!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
These pics were from 2003. Yes, times have changed since then. And yes, look how many cars are running black saleens now. lol. 2003 boys, 2003. you were probably driving mazdas or hondas with fartcans back then. Thanks for the props tho.

SO! You were the owner of this beast. In '03 I was still in H.S with a permit haha! Care to tell us what happen? that sucks, the paint is glass? If that is factory im going to punch myself....:kaboom:

JasonSnake

Established Member
cobra3.jpg

its best stage IMO

so much for cleanest

It should have stopped right here

Erick

Established Member
What's up Charles? What are you driving these days? I havent seen you around in awhile.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
These pics were from 2003. Yes, times have changed since then. And yes, look how many cars are running black saleens now. lol. 2003 boys, 2003. you were probably driving mazdas or hondas with fartcans back then. Thanks for the props tho.

Hey was that on Williams Dr. in Marietta?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Those cars are lightweights....

Enjoy!!!
ea_1.jpg

ea_3.jpg

ea_4.jpg

And the stats....

1997 Mustang Cobra with Unnatural Aspirations

Check out his article in "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords "

I am going to throw out a word and I want you to think about it for a second. I promise you'll wonder what it has to do with this car, but I'll explain why it was used. The word I want you to think about is … SUPRA.

For years the name Supra has been associated with a car deemed the king of the high HP street car food chains. It has the ability to make insane amounts of power, have silky smooth handling, hard charging top-end power, yet it's docile enough to take out for a night on the town. A Supra has been known the have more then enough power to tackle most street competitors with ease, yet never make sacrifices in the name of creature comforts. This is exactly what E.A. wanted … just in a different form of automobile.

The HOB had already done a number of changes to E.A.'s Cobra to make an already fast street car–dubbed "Stage 1" in the course of this Cobra's life. It wasn't long before the urge for more drove E.A. and the HOB to get the car back under the knife to start "Stage 2" of its performance upgrades. After sitting down and discussing what the overall goal for the car was going to be, it was obvious that it was going to be a major transformation and not just the addition of a few more parts. Quite an amazing change for a car that has just 10,200 miles on the odometer.

The goal for the car was to create a Cobra that could compete at the same level as a high HP Supra, meaning it had to have all of the traits listed in the first paragraph, without making any sacrifices of comfort. With this in mind things began to take shape, such as an IRS swap. The IRS was swapped in favor of high speed stability and ride quality. The suspension was converted to coil overs for the same reason. As far as the high HP was concerned, the built motor, the F-2M, and FAST system were the main players on the field.

From a bare shell to a completed project, it was one major transformation, turning it into a car so mild mannered you would think it was a stock cobra from FoMoCo. E.A. wanted a car he could jump into, turn the key and drive (all day everyday if needed) and that is exactly what it delivers … day in and day out. Not to mention it's to the tune of over 700+ RWHP on pump gas! Just wait for HP numbers on race gas …

Power Adder:
ATI Procharger F-2M
3.5" Three Core Race Intercooler @ 23-38psi
(Boost level varies on Fuel Octane)

Engine:
Fully Built by the HOB
Weisco Pistons (HOB Spec)
Manley H Beam Rods
ARP Studded Heads
ARP Main studs/ Bolts
Custom HOB 4.6 F/I Head gaskets
Billet Oil Pump Gears
Billet Timing Wheel

Drivetrain:
Super Comp 470RW Built by Performance Automatic
Alto Red Racing Clutches
Full Manual Valve Body
Trans Brake
Hardened Internals
Kevlar Bands
Deep Pan for cooling, and capacity
Full Manual Control on OD
Full Manual Control on Lock up Converter
Precision Industries TQ Converter
4500 RPM Stall

Fuel:
83lb Injectors
Custom Wilson Manifold Fuel Rails
Magna Fuel FP Regulator
#10 Feed AN Line
#8 Return AN Line
Aeromotive Elim Elec. Pump
Aeromotive Street Sumped tank

Ignition:
MSD 8.5 mm wires Custom Built for HOB
MSD Digital 7 Ignition Box
MSD HVC ii Coil
MSD BBC Crank Trigger
MSD SBC Distributor
Custom HOB cam drive set up for Distributor (No this is NOT the X2C kit)
Custom HOB cam position sensor
NGK TR6 plugs

Suspension & Brakes:
Bilstien Shocks with Custom Valving
H&R Coil Overs with Hyper-coil Springs
Lb. Rating Custom Designed by HOB
UPR Billet Camber Plates
Stock 13" Cobra Brakes
Stock PRB Calipers
Hawk Performance HPS brake pads

Exhaust:
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK 2.5" H-pipe
Bassani Mufflers
Will be adding Tailpipes later in the year

Computer:
FAST Full Sequential system
Individual Cyl. Control.

Electrical:
Factory Harness re-wired
JL Audio Cables for power
JL Audio Connections on all wires
Optima Batt. trunk mounted

Wheels/Tires:
OEM Chrome Cobra "R" Wheels
Firestone Front 255/40/17 Rear 285/40/17
BF Drag Radials 315/35/17 "Just in Case"

Miscellaneous Mods
5% tint all around
Roof, and Engine Bay painted Ford OEM Black
S281 Wing
Smoked Front headlights and signals.
Silver Star Lighting
Polished Door Sills

Stereo:
Factory Mach 460

My94GT

Established Member
it looked best with black tint and wingless. if i had a black cobra id do the same. care to explain the suspension set up?

turbosaleen

Established Member
lol cheapo slam springs

GHETO ricer tint flames and cheapo y2k cobra wheels ?

other wise stock ?

sorry dont see much thats clean bout that just a wacked out black sn-95

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
You gave this car too big of a name to live up to lol. I've seen some absolutely amazing SN95s on here that put this car to shame. However, those Y2K Rs look sick, paint is flawless and the stance is bad for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread