Tri-ax very loud will magnaflow fix it

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Just put in my Tri-ax and this tranny is much noisier then my 01 was with Tri-ax.

Will adding a Magnaflow cat back fix the problem? ;-)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If your exhaust system is loud enough you might not be able to hear anything. WHen I had my exhaust installed I couldnt even hear the blower until I put the "INCREDIBLE 2.80" on. But the shifter noise has gone away as I put more miles on. I think partially because the tranny has broken in and also because I think I have gotten used to it. Black03. Good luck with the magnaflow mine sounds great!!

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Thanks for the encouragement. I just went out and drove it some more and I don't care about the noise anymore cause this thing feels so good to shift. I actually know what gear I am going into without hoping for the best, especially that all important downshift to 3rd at highway speed. For <200 bucks it’s a must have IMO.

Right now the car is kinda stealth when you get on it except for the jet noise it makes on boost. Does the Magnaflow drown out the blower at WOT?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Thanks toofast4u,

That's some good information, I will give it a shot this weekend if I can source the parts by then......Steve

EasyMoney

Established Member
I also have the tri-ax and do not have that much noise just a little more than stock but at least now i can find the gears much better than stock shifter.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
fd526699.jpg

Did you remember to put the shifter flange seal back on (after cutting it to fit new shifter)???

My PRO 5.0 is very polite in the noise department, can't imagine that the triax is much louder if this seal is in place.

There is a couple dozen pics of the install in my sig if they will help anyone.

Last edited:

ronreid03

Established Member
I just install a tri-ax yesterday and it seems quiet. Of course with the top down and the magnaflows blasting...

Ron Reid
03 Yellow Convertible

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Thanks for your replies. I still need to do some of the work mentioned above but in general the Magnaflows fixed the problem. The car sounds so great, I wish they would come from the factory like this!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread