fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Coach Jim Tressel out at Ohio State | BuckeyeXtra

i_ain__t_even_mad_by_terribleprincess-d34w0sy.jpg

We'll still beat Michigan. :-D

92whitestang

Established Member
when you have so many people calling for it - it was only a matter of time. For some reason ESPN analysts are saying that the school still has a chance at going 5-0 to begin the season. I heard that and was like wtf? No way.

I'm pretty sure the school officials had been waiting for this moment for awhile. Its socially irresponsible to keep around a figurehead who blatantly broke so many rules.

At least one person here is looking forward to Sept. 17th!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The program is bigger than one man. Here's to a successful 2011!!!!!

Go Bucks!

Beat Michigan!

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
The program is bigger than one man. Here's to a successful 2011!!!!!

Go Bucks!

Beat Michigan!

:lol:

Its going to hurt your recruits due to sanctions, so good luck with that. I'll say two years tops that you guys will be relevant again.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
:lol:

Its going to hurt your recruits due to sanctions, so good luck with that. I'll say two years tops that you guys will be relevant again.

I never said anything about the pending sanctions. Yes, they worry me. The fact that Tressel is gone does not. The program is bigger than one man.

And let's face it, we'll still beat Michigan. :)

hb712

Established Member
I'm a senior at OSU and I hate to see him go, but we'll move on. My biggest annoyance is the NCAA. I'm still laughing about the South Park last week that skewered them.

92whitestang

Established Member
I'm a senior at OSU and I hate to see him go, but we'll move on. My biggest annoyance is the NCAA. I'm still laughing about the South Park last week that skewered them.

PLEASE open your eyes like the rest of the country already has. The guy was bad news for the school and every day more comes to light. While the program may not win as many games this year, it had to get rid of the guy. The rest of the country has seen it for months. Please tell me OSU students are smart enough to as well. Your issue should not be with the NCAA - it should clearly be with the guy who knew of infractions and clearly did everything he could to make them remain unknown.

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Back to irrelevance? Sorry bud, but being a top 5 program all time (top 3 winning % and top 5 in number of wins) means we have always been relevant with the exception of a year or two. Keep hatin'.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long. A program as big and with as much tradition as OSU cannot be associated with something like this moving forward.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Who are they gonna hire now?

As you know, they are going with Luke Fickell this year. Don't be surprised if he ends up permanently getting the job. He's a good coach and every good coach has to get his big break somewhere. But if he falters, maybe Urban, Patterson from TCU, or me. :)

PLEASE open your eyes like the rest of the country already has. The guy was bad news for the school and every day more comes to light. While the program may not win as many games this year, it had to get rid of the guy. The rest of the country has seen it for months. Please tell me OSU students are smart enough to as well. Your issue should not be with the NCAA - it should clearly be with the guy who knew of infractions and clearly did everything he could to make them remain unknown.

Its amazing how many people here in Ohio stood behind him. They kept blaming everyone else, from Pryor (this stuff has been going on long before TP came to Columbus) to Kirk Herbstreit (for being a media dog). I never understood it. He got caught. Rid your program of him and move on, no matter how successful he was.

hb712

Established Member

My eyes are open far enough to say that I don't care who's to blame (Tress, OSU, players, etc...). I'll miss him for the wins, nothing more and nothing less.

As for my issue with the NCAA, it goes way beyond OSU. They are far too powerful and their rules are ridiculous. Go ahead and say "the rules are the rules", that doesn't make them right. Please tell me people in Florida are smart enough to see this as well.

92whitestang

Established Member
My eyes are open far enough to say that I don't care who's to blame (Tress, OSU, players, etc...). I'll miss him for the wins, nothing more and nothing less.

As for my issue with the NCAA, it goes way beyond OSU. They are far too powerful and their rules are ridiculous. Go ahead and say "the rules are the rules", that doesn't make them right. Please tell me people in Florida are smart enough to see this as well.

This I can understand. Unfortunately these incidents are ethical issues that Universities struggle frequently. Keep a coach in place who brings the school mllions every year and keep the name on the front page of papers across the country all while he continues to disregard the rules. I'm glad to see OSU did the right thing this time (even though it took much too long). Wins are what gets the seats filled and it certainly may not be the same this year. I hope the program can bounce back after their Sept. 17th whooping.

Florida is a completely different story. How many dozens of arrests during meyer's reign? That record speaks volumes more than their winning record. Unlike OSU though, the University kept Meyer around despite the recklessness of his players. Drugs, rapes, vandalism, thefts, the list goes on and on..... It was unbelievable.

snake134

This I can understand. Unfortunately these incidents are ethical issues that Universities struggle frequently. Keep a coach in place who brings the school mllions every year and keep the name on the front page of papers across the country all while he continues to disregard the rules. I'm glad to see OSU did the right thing this time (even though it took much too long). Wins are what gets the seats filled and it certainly may not be the same this year. I hope the program can bounce back after their Sept. 17th whooping.

Florida is a completely different story. How many dozens of arrests during meyer's reign? That record speaks volumes more than their winning record. Unlike OSU though, the University kept Meyer around despite the recklessness of his players. Drugs, rapes, vandalism, thefts, the list goes on and on..... It was unbelievable.

im not too familiar with florida, but did Meyer cover for them? im pretty sure police reports aren't that easy to "cover up"

Users who are viewing this thread