Tremec To borg warner Swap is done

4vRedone

Banned
Now im having a small issue that i dont know how to fix.
When i swapped everything over the pedal is super low to the ground now (where the clutch engages) is this because the shift fork is bulkier then the borg warner one?

Its driving me nuts how can i fix this i tried the self adjustment thing but it just wont work...

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
That swap is easy but kind of a C U Next Tuesday
When I did it I had the opposite problem. My pedal was super high and after a few days it just evened out

SVT CAMR

Established Member
firewall adjuster and quadrant might be in order. Sounds like you need to tighten up the cable a little. (Bringing the throw out bearing closer to the pressure plate will allow the clutch to engage and disengage higher on the pedal travel. The further away the T/O bearing is the lower.

You may need a spring to hold the fork back if it is flopping around causing adjustment issues after the new part are installed.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
a couple of carb springs put together to make longer from clutch fork to trans crossmember. What it does is it holds the fork back so the throw out bearing does not skip on the pressure plate fingers. This will eliminate a chirping sound that is associated with with above situation.

From what I experienced once you go with an adjustable set up this is needed.
I went with this set up and it is about 12 years old and has been on 3 different transmissions.

Users who are viewing this thread