Tremec 3550 (help!)

nike head

Established Member
What's up guys, after three years of my cobra being down. Finally Gona get it get it running, I'm having trouble finding a clutch and a flywheel tho. I have a tremec 3550 on my 1997 cobra. Any idea of what kind of clutch could work? Thanks in advance !

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Been a while but I thought when I switched to the 3550 from the T-45 I retained all the stock fitting stuff.
At the time I had the centerforce DF clutch but later switched to a Spec 3+

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
The main thing is the spline count for the clutch disc. Tremec 3550 will (should) have a 10 spline input shaft.

Any replacement clutch and flywheel for your year will work fine. Choice is yours on which one to get and what you do with the car. You can get a 10.5 or 11 inch setup if you are changing the flywheel as well.

nike head

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys! Yes, it is a 10 spline, 11" diameter. So any clutch with that match can work? What clutch and flywheel d you guys recommend? Not an expensive one but not so cheap one. A decent one

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys! Yes, it is a 10 spline, 11" diameter. So any clutch with that match can work? What clutch and flywheel d you guys recommend? Not an expensive one but not so cheap one. A decent one

How much power and what do you do with the car?

Users who are viewing this thread