Tranzilla problems?

stu12

Established Member
Soo I bought a 2003 cobra with a Tranzilla transmission installed. No details as to why the transmission was replaced. I've searched here and seen mostly decent reviews on the transmission. Car has 40k miles.

Had the car for about 4 months and was having trouble getting it into reverse. Like damn near impossible.

Took it to a transmission shop and they said I needed a new clutch.

Replaced the clutch and clutch cable.

Now I've experienced trouble with putting the car into gear (1st and Reverse) a couple times and a feeling of friction when pushing the clutch pedal in and letting it out.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Cheers.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Does that trans have the reverse lock out? It sound like they didn't adjust the clutch correctly. Do you have the stock quadrant or is it an aftermarket set up?

stu12

Established Member
I'm not sure about the reverse lock out but I will look at the clutch quadrant tonight. I think the shop who replaced the clutch missed something.

stu12

Established Member
Sorry for the delay took the car to a second shop and they pulled the transmission and showed me what they found. Missing dowel pins, wrong transmission fluid, and the fork was loose so it rubbed against a bolt which marked up the fork.
IMG_1067.jpg
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1066.jpg

stu12

Established Member
Thats weird, I got a part number from the side of the transmission and referenced it with the company and it came back with a build date. Would someone replace the input shaft? Maybe if it had broke?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Call them back and ask the details on it. If there was something wrong with it and you wanted to keep the trans I would send it back to the for inspection/repair.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread