Tranzilla Magnum clutch setup

jwcobra03

Established Member
Guys I’m having a mother of a time trying to get my clutch setup correctly. I have a RXT with the tranzilla magnum. Right now I have the Lakewood adjustable pivotball fully seated into the trans. With it that way allowing the most free play for the TOB that’s physically possible, I can’t use the furthest setting on my Steeda quadrant, that’s with the firewall UPR quick click fully turned in.View attachment 1556786View attachment 1556787 here is the vid of the free play. The reason I went fully in on the pivotball was as a recommendation from Malcolm. I’m having shifting issues like the clutch isn’t fully disengaging. Like the trans catches between shifts. Hope someone can shed some light as to what to try next. Been at this for two weeks and the trans keeps getting pulled by me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Most will say 4-5mm shorter than the stocker. I don’t know how he got away with all the way in. I went about 7mm and at first regretted it; releasing too close to floor. Now I love it.

I’d go back and readjust. Also, on a t56 and magnum (don’t know about yours) you should clearance the Face of the trans where the fork will hit it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jwcobra03

Established Member
Guys I’m having a mother of a time trying to get my clutch setup correctly. I have a RXT with the tranzilla magnum. Right now I have the Lakewood adjustable pivotball fully seared into the trans. With it that way allowing the most free play for the TOB that’s physically possible, I can’t use the furthest setting on my Steeda quadrant, that’s with the firewall UPR quick click fully turned in. here is the vid of the free play. The reason I went fully in on the pivotball was as a recommendation from Malcolm. I’m having shifting issues like the clutch isn’t fully disengaging. Like the trans catches between shifts. Hope someone can shed some light as to what to try next. Been at this for two weeks and the trans keeps getting pulled by me.
57377262526__52CCB4E8-4458-49F8-B0AE-001B37F08A44.JPG
57377264099__7B988721-B859-45E6-8547-F586DF82EFCC.JPG

01yellercobra

Established Member
Have you checked the total movement with the pedal? Is that the trans you're need to cut some of the rubbing away to get some more clearance?

MG0h3

Established Member
Oh and TOB should be lightly riding on fingers enough to be spinning.

I did mine running and tightened to where I could still push back on the fork enough to stop the tob.

jwcobra03

Established Member
Oh and TOB should be lightly riding on fingers enough to be spinning.

I did mine running and tightened to where I could still push back on the fork enough to stop the tob.

IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG

Everything has been clearanced. A magnum setup which is basically what this is and a t56 is very different clearances. Whole reason I’m having so many problems.
IMG_2016.JPG

jwcobra03

Established Member
If I set it up where the tob is barely touching the fingers, there’s a ton of free play in the pedal. This isn’t a brand new clutch. It holds the power without slipping even from a 4th gear punch.

jwcobra03

Established Member
If I set it up where the tob is barely touching the fingers, there’s a ton of free play in the pedal. This isn’t a brand new clutch. It holds the power without slipping even from a 4th gear punch.

Here’s how I have it currently adjusted. I just feel like I’m not getting the throw needed to fully disengage the clutch.

MG0h3

Established Member
Do you have a firewall adjuster?

If you aren't getting enough throw while moving the pedal, I suspect you are just taking up the slack in the cable AND THEN you begin depressing the clutch.

I never had to play with which "hook" my cable is in on my quadrant and I honestly don't even know which one its in. But if you screw the adjuster most of the way in, then put the cable on the hook that pulls the pedal up to the top of the throw, you should be close. Then you just take some slack up with the adjuster.

This should all be done with the cable in the fork.

jwcobra03

Established Member
Yes, I have a Upr firewall adjuster. I’ve never in my life had clutch setup issues. Been having this car since 2005.

jwcobra03

Established Member
I usually have the pedal just where the is no play in it and the pedal has slight tension. In the first couple inches of throw there’s some tension and of course it gets more as the pedal goes down.

jwcobra03

Established Member
Check the above vid is adjusted and the cable is in the fork. You can tell the cable isn’t overly tight but is snug.

MG0h3

Established Member
That looks like its a bit looser than mine. Like I can barely move mine away from the fingers enough to see light. Just a hair. I'd try it with it running and just go a few clicks past not spinning.

Oh and you're sure the pedal is at the very top of its throw when youre checking that?

MG0h3

Established Member
From the vid you quoted ^^^ can you still push the TOB away from the fingers?

I mean there isn't a whole lot else you can do other than lengthen the pivot ball; not what ya wanna here.

jwcobra03

Established Member
I can push it away slightly but not enough to stop it from spinning. The tension is enough to pull the pedal all the way up. It’s not floppy to the touch, the pedal I’m talking about. Really appreciate the replies. This is frustrating to say the least. Tired of putting the car on the ground only to find out I’m still not done.

jwcobra03

Established Member
If I go out much more on the pivotball, then I run into not having enough space between the tob and the fingers. My fingers are slightly pass the PP face. Which is normal on a used clutch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Most will say 4-5mm shorter than the stocker. I don’t know how he got away with all the way in. I went about 7mm and at first regretted it; releasing too close to floor. Now I love it.

I’d go back and readjust. Also, on a t56 and magnum (don’t know about yours) you should clearance the Face of the trans where the fork will hit it

How close to the floor is yours when the clutch releases?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Well it starts grabbing maybe an inch off the floor.

With the RXT and stock pivot I could hear the discs "whirring" right off the floor but wouldn't really move until half way up. Full engagement right at very top of throw.

If I had to guess it moved everything "lower" 1/2-3/4" ; initial engagement and full engagement. Actually have had less chatter with the 1200 than the RXT.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well it starts grabbing maybe an inch off the floor.

With the RXT and stock pivot I could hear the discs "whirring" right off the floor but wouldn't really move until half way up. Full engagement right at very top of throw.

If I had to guess it moved everything "lower" 1/2-3/4" ; initial engagement and full engagement. Actually have had less chatter with the 1200 than the RXT.
Okay, not trying to hijack thread. Just curious mine releases about 1" from the floor.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread