Transmission

03MACH

Hey guys, Im having alt of problems with blowing out syncronizers. Ive had 2nd and 3rd go out on me and the dealer put a brand new 3650 in. Now about 3 months later I just put in a centerforce dual friction. waited 350 miles and went to wot and suprise suprise 2nd gear sync. Just wondering what transmission is the best to upgrade to where I wont have to worry about this, what would I need exactly and price ? ? thanks.

roostracing

Established Member
the stock 3650 SUCKS...ive been trhough 2 rebuilds. 3rd gear synchro blew the fisrt time...then got it fixed and then the input shaft broke in half....ford gave me a new one...nothing wrong with it and i will be selling it next month. Thinking about going with a g-force t-5...takes alot to convert...parts and labor about $3700.

Ironhand

Banned
Cobra T-56. They will bolt up to our DOHC 4.6L and will use the same crossmember. You can get a new built T-56 for 2600 or less.

gaazuremach1

Established Member
Ironhand said:
Cobra T-56. They will bolt up to our DOHC 4.6L and will use the same crossmember. You can get a new built T-56 for 2600 or less.

They will bolt up to the motor but the crossmember is completely different. The T-56 is longer so you will need a 03/04 Cobra driveshaft as well. I would go with a TKO 600.

By the way I do have a T56 crossmember for sale brand new $75 shipped if you need one.

Ironhand

Banned
gaazuremach1 said:
They will bolt up to the motor but the crossmember is completely different. The T-56 is longer so you will need a 03/04 Cobra driveshaft as well. I would go with a TKO 600.

By the way I do have a T56 crossmember for sale brand new $75 shipped if you need one.

Thats odd, I coulda sworn I saw somebody put a T-56 on a Mach 1 without switching crossmembers. Oh well, better be safe then sorry and plan ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread