transmission work - questions

03mgtermi

Established Member
had my buddy ride in my car today. he is big into the diesel truck scene and has done a lot of work on transmissions, transfer cases, torque converters, rear ends etc.

he told me a noise and vibration i am getting from my drive line is 100% being caused by my throwout bearing. he says its not that big of a repair and that he would help me out with it.

my question to you guys is what else should i do and where do i get it? if i'm going to pull the trans and start messing around inside it, i want to do any other mods/upgrades necessary.

i'm talking about doing a rebuild kit, synchro's, gearing, etc etc. what are my options and where do i get the parts? car has a centerforce clutch but i don't know if the input shaft was changed.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Well you can do about anything you want to it lol. But the only thing you need to be sure to replace when you do the TOB is the retaining sleeve also, lethal has the best one IMO, also dont go with another stock TOB use the FR one. Heres some links, if you call lethal they give you discount if you tell them your with SVTP.

Ford Racing 96-04 Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing [M-7548-A] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs
Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve [LP-T56TOBSLEEVE] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

03mgtermi

Established Member
sweet, good info thanks.

i think the problem with the TOB is severe enough and the funds tight enough that all i will be doing is the TOB and sleeve.

Users who are viewing this thread