Transmission Recall

RR5.0

Established Member
Dont know if anyone has seen this as of yet.
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/27/ford-mustang-f150-expedition-lincoln-navigator-recall/

Basically this is the problem I have been having for the last two months. I have replaced the leadframe like it says they will do (along with new solenoids, new pcm, and now I just bought a new valve body.) If I have already replaced the leadframe with a new part like their fix requires and also have a brand new pcm with the latest software update, what good will taking the car in do for me?

Am I going to be reimbursed for the almost $1800 I spent trying to repair my transmission since this problem occured?

Is Ford even going to recognize my car as a their problem since it is so highly modified (paxton supercharged.)

KushBandit

Established Member
Did you solve your issue or is it still happening? I can't say for sure, however I would assume that they would fix your transmission since it is a pretty big recall. I'd think that the only reason they wouldn't touch the trans is if you broke it because of abuse. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll reimburse you. You can try though.

Vert

Established Member
If it's a recall and you have already had the work performed with receipts, you can get reimbursed for it.

RR5.0

Established Member
Ok but I have already had the part they are going to replace fixed, and the problem is still there.

I have receipts for all the parts but I have performed the work myself.

Vert

Established Member
Ok but I have already had the part they are going to replace fixed, and the problem is still there.

I have receipts for all the parts but I have performed the work myself.

What are the chances that the lead frame you installed was part of the recalled batch and that is why your car is still heaving issues.

5lho

Established Member
EXACTLY....if they didn't even issue the recall until recently that means they didn't have the improved parts in the pipeline yet, maybe. Do you have a part number you can cross reference?

RR5.0

Established Member
I bought the new leadframe about 3 weeks ago and installed it. The problem was fixed for about 3 days and then came back, I then moved on and have since replaced the PCM and purchased a new valve body.

My real issue is how will Ford handle my case? I cant have them reflash the computer due to my tune and mods. If they replace the leadframe and it fixes it then what am I entitled to as far as reimbursement for my other parts purchased?

Torchy

Established Member
I bought the new leadframe about 3 weeks ago and installed it. The problem was fixed for about 3 days and then came back, I then moved on and have since replaced the PCM and purchased a new valve body.

My real issue is how will Ford handle my case? I cant have them reflash the computer due to my tune and mods. If they replace the leadframe and it fixes it then what am I entitled to as far as reimbursement for my other parts purchased?

So is it fixed?

I work for Ford and could possibly help you with your claim. Ford might reimburse you for parts but not for labor if you did it yourself because Ford doesn't want people working on their own cars. PM me your receipts for parts and gauge cluster and VIN.

RR5.0

Established Member
No the problem is not fixed. I have a valve body on the way but from this recall it doesnt sound like that will fix it either.

I will have to gather my receipts and get with you.

Torchy

Established Member
No the problem is not fixed. I have a valve body on the way but from this recall it doesnt sound like that will fix it either.

I will have to gather my receipts and get with you.

Is your car a stock or swapped auto? If stock, is your car a 11-12? I saw someone mentioned the new parts could be part of the recall. If you read the article, that doesn't make sense that new parts would be affected considering the recalled Trans's are from 11-12, meaning anything newer wouldn't be affected.

RR5.0

Established Member
My car is a 2012 factory option automatic. The part should have been a new leadframe and therefore exempt from the manufacturer defect I would think. However with a new leadframe, new PCM, and the newest reflash as of last week I am still having the same problem. I ordered valve body at the recommendation of Jake Long of Power by the Hour and was going to put that in when the recall came out.

My other question is that if the updated pcm strategy prevents this from happening, would an aftermarket tune overwrite that and bring back the condition? I cannot run a stock tune on my car to see if this is the case because it has such extensive modifications.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I haven't been following your transmission problem and don't know what all you have replaced but isn't the recall only instructed to replace the speed sensor?

RR5.0

Established Member
Yes the recall only replaces the leadframe harness for the solenoids on the valvebody. This houses the Output Shaft Speed Sensor. I have replaced that part, a PCM, and have just ordered a new valvebody.

Users who are viewing this thread