Transmission Question...

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
OK so i bought this transmission from ebay awhile back...im just now putting it on because my other tranny blew out:nonono:...but when they were trying to swap the one i bought into my 98 cobra it didn't fit or something like that...the people were not to clear as to why ...so my dad got the vin off the transmission and turns out it might be from a 99 cobra...is there a reason why this is happening? difference between the transmission from 96-98 cobras vs 99-01 cobras? arent they both t-45's?.....someone educate me...lol

and too add we have another t-45 in storage but it is completley torn apart...so if anything needs to be swapped maybe we can take pieces from the storage transmission and swap it into the one we are having problems...

thnx:)

4valved

Banned
The mounting points on the rear trans xmember and mount are in diff locations.

You can swap the tailshaft housing if you want to tho Thats an easy swap

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
The mounting points on the rear trans xmember and mount are in diff locations.

You can swap the tailshaft housing if you want to tho Thats an easy swap

This.
And apparently the 99+ t45s are stronger so good luck with it!

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
haha thanks! helps me out alot and takes some of stress off...so i have that piece that needs to be swapped so hoping i can do that tomorrow!:banana: im so happy and then to hear that the transmission is stronger makes it that much better lol :pepper:

THNX GUYS!

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
one more thing lol is there anything else that might need to be modified like the speedo? isnt it electric speedo meters and 96-98 have mechanically?

TurboSVT96

Established Member
one more thing lol is there anything else that might need to be modified like the speedo? isnt it electric speedo meters and 96-98 have mechanically?

You are correct about the 2 different speed sensors in the t45s. But once you swap tailshaft housings you will have the correct sensor and won't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread