Transmission question..

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I am looking into getting a transmission built for my 03. Is there another vehicle that has a 4r100 that can be built and work in the lightning? I don't know how many variations there are of the 4r100. Wondering if the ones in our trucks are lightning specific or will one out of another vehicle work, after being built with a lightning specific rebuild kit.

Basically I need to be able to drive my truck while I am having the new trans built. Don't really have the money to shell out 5-6 grand for a new one at the moment.
Help would be great of anyone has any insight. Thanks!

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Some of the older F-250's have a 4R100 in them. I'm not sure if the newer ones do. You could also try to find a vehicle with an E4OD. It's the same as a 4R100 excpt the 4R100 has a few modifications to make it stronger.

tpr103

Established Member
the lightning has better planets and then the other 4r100s. when i converted my truck over to s/c i had a 4r100 in it. now im putting a full built motor and want to get the trans rebuilt/built. im doing te same thing you want to do. i bought a 4r100 to have built. however it is the same tranny i have. all in all it will cost me $600 just to bring it up to a stock lightning trans. i lucked into a 02L 4r100 last night so thats waht im building.

Users who are viewing this thread