Transmission problems... need help

Ford302Redneck

Purfectly Insane
Established Member
Well I have a 94 Mustang GT with a stock t-5.. and goin down the road it seems fine... shifts into gear fine and everything but like when I'm uptown and hafta do alot of in and out gear changin... well u can feel the shifter get really hot and you gotta like really push it to go into gear..?? Im wondering if anyones had this problem and what they did to fix it or any suggestions?? do u think its the clutch or something?? I have a zoom kevlar...(it was in it when I bought it) so plz help me out if ya could.. and thanks

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Kind of a dumb question but...Is it low on fluid or has fluid quality deteriorated to the point where the bearings are creating abnormal amounts of friction?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Mine did this when I had the T45. I adusted the clutch and it fixed it. If you don't have an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster I highly recommend it.

andyman

i also think you should just check your fuild level also i would recommend that you get you tranny fuild changed i work at a lube shop and we only charge like 30$ if that still doesnt help i would say to cheack your clutch but while your in there cheack you throw out bearing retainer (the pice the bolts on the front of the tranny that the throw out bearing slides on) make sure that is not broken in my personal exprince that happened to me and i just figured it was the cluth and drove it for about a month and fried my tranny and its not cheap to get a new one i hope i helped

Users who are viewing this thread