transmission pan

so9956

Established Member
I saw in a thread while searching about maybe not being able to use a 4x4 pan in your L if the back is lowered. Is this true, do I have to get a moroso? I bought the truck lowered but not exactly sure how much. I'm about 90% positive that it is lowered 2in. in the back because the truck sits right at level.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Go with the B&M pan and you wont have to worry about it scraping the floor if you do decide to go any lower with it.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I'm running 3" drop shackles in the rear with the 4X4 pan and I haven't experienced any clearance issues yet.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
so9956 said:
i don't plan on lowering it anymore than it is, i was just wondering if there would be any clearance issues as is

I would say yes, you'll have clearance issues with very large speed-bumps or if you run over something big in the road. But under normal every day driving you'll be fine. I just try to avoid anything that looks like it might be big enough to hit the pan. Sometimes that requires me to drive around a parking lot instead of through it, but it's worth it.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
4x4 pan is fine with just a 2inch drop out back but any lower front or rear you would either have to go back to the stocker or a moroso pan

Users who are viewing this thread