Transmission Mounts

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
Where does everyone get there transmission mounts?

I looked on summit and the energy suspension one i first found on summits site.

ENS-4-1104R but it says its only for v6 mustangs Manual/automatic

but when i looked for one for cobra specific

PTP-6-1608 but it says that its for 96-98 cobra but it then states for t-56

the mounts look different. I have a MMR Pro Trans 750 in the car currently on the stock t-45 mount.

just looking for some guidance , thanks guys

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Here you go:

Ford Mustang Motor Mount | Free Shipping | 1979 - 1993, 1964 - 1966, Westar

BTW, yes indeed the 94-98 automatic's mount is the EXACT same one as the 96-98 Cobra mount.

Personal experience is from a few years ago: When my 95 V6 automatic tranny mount ripped, I went to Ford to pick up a replacement. When he looked it up, they looked the same on the schematic and figured the Cobra one was beefier since it was priced higher..I bit the bullrt and ordered the more expensive Cobra mount.

I was pretty pissed off when it arrived and was EXACTLY the same unit as the V6 Auto tranny mount.

Established Member
Looks just like this:

EM-2784.jpg

BTW, www.rockauto.com has it for even cheaper.

$13.01

ANCHOR Part # 2784

Says it fits all these:

FORD MUSTANG (1996 - 1998)
FORD MUSTANG COBRA (1994 - 1998)
FORD MUSTANG COBRA SVT 1995
FORD MUSTANG GT (1994 - 1998)
FORD MUSTANG GTS 1995

2784.jpg

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Hmmm I went through the hassle of replacing both motor mounts, I might as well replace the cheap and easy to get to tranny mount lol.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
Thanks for the Input double 0 , i was looking into getting an energy suspension one for longevity (if thats even the case?) do you think the one for the v6 then will be fine?

Established Member
Thanks for the Input double 0 , i was looking into getting an energy suspension one for longevity (if thats even the case?) do you think the one for the v6 then will be fine?

It's the same unit for either car, but yeah the Urethane rubber (Energy suspension) is stiffer and stronger, thus it's probably the best way to go.

:rockon:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I put an energy suspension mount on when I did my ProMotion 750, it made the entire car vibrate. Two weeks later I took it off an put a stocker and it rode like normal again. I was lucky that the guy that installed the transmission knew that the mount was what was causing it, or, I would have torn stuff all apart trying to find a vibration in the clutch or flywheel or tranny

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
I have had the same vibration problem with the Urethane Transmission Mounts, it would vibrate so much I could hardly hold the shifter. I replaced with a stock Transmission Mount and it fixed the vibration.

ghadab

Established Member
I put an energy suspension mount on when I did my ProMotion 750, it made the entire car vibrate. Two weeks later I took it off an put a stocker and it rode like normal again. I was lucky that the guy that installed the transmission knew that the mount was what was causing it, or, I would have torn stuff all apart trying to find a vibration in the clutch or flywheel or tranny

sorry , but what does stocker means or do ?

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
thanks for the insight! the trans I have now vibrates so bad i cant stand it...if im on the highway doing like 70 its hurts to hold the shifter not to mention the noise of the vibration

Established Member
thanks for the insight! the trans I have now vibrates so bad i cant stand it...if im on the highway doing like 70 its hurts to hold the shifter not to mention the noise of the vibration

You sure that your driveshaft may not be the cause?

You might have to rotate it to match the yellow markings on the pinion flange and on the driveshaft.

Without this indexing, you will experience a bad vibe, specially at hwy speeds.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
I had an Energy Suspension in my car. The car was already missing half the bolts and that mount made the other half shake out.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Same here, I traded "up" for the brand new stock mount after the bad vibration that the Energy Suspension mount caused. I might even put the factory rubber motor mounts in to replace the urethane motor mounts in the car right now.

Users who are viewing this thread