transmission issues

01BlueCobraVert

Established Member
I put a centerforce DF clutch in my car and didn't change the the stock quadrant. I was sitting in traffic during hot weather and the car got stuck in gear (clutch would not disengage). It would buck forward w/ the shifter in 1st when I would take my foot off the brake. After that it started squealing and I figured I messed up the centerfoce tob.

I drove the car for a year after that happened, but I added a fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant. The car shifted fine, it just has a squeal. A month ago I changed out the tob for a timken and added the Chicago freeplay kit. When we got the car back together, the squeal was still there.

The car now shifts fine until it gets warm and the squeal is louder then ever. Above 2K it goes away even if you rev it in neutral. If I drive it for awhile the clutch starts to not want to disengage causing the car to lunge forward when left in gear and my foot off the brake. The lunge is more like a slight jerk.

Does anyone have a clue what might cause this? I wanna drop the trans but I am not sure what to look for. Thanks

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging all the way. Did you adjust the clutch again after the new TOB went in? You want to make sure the TOB is off of the pressure plate fingers when there is no pressure on the clutch pedal. Easiest way to do this is to jack up the car and remove the inspection plate on the trans. Shine a flashlight in there and you'll see if the TOB is riding the pressure plate or not.

Users who are viewing this thread