Transmission issues

tx5.slow

Established Member
Hi, so I have a 14 gt auto that is giving me issues recently shifting to 3rd at partial throttle, if I hit the gas at maybe 30-60 percent the rpms go way high like it grabs the gear than let's go, after that the rpms come down cutting my throttle completely, now I don't have any slippage issues as of now, it just doesn't want to grab 3rd at times, could this be a tune issue or an actual transmission issued I had it tune about 3 months had no issues till now, car had 77k miles? Any suggestions current mods are boss intake, jlt cai, and x pipe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Mocked

Established Member
car has stock converter in it correct? if so, i would try checking/changing tans fluid. i changed mine and it was a little low after new fluid. Similar problems to yours. rough shifts, hanging rpms, ect.

tx5.slow

Established Member
car has stock converter in it correct? if so, i would try checking/changing tans fluid. i changed mine and it was a little low after new fluid. Similar problems to yours. rough shifts, hanging rpms, ect.
Yes has stock converter still but just now giving me issues always had that setup since around 30k miles did replacing the converter fix that issue for you my shifts are rough now as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Mocked

Established Member
i put in an aftermarket converter, i would check the fluid while the car is hot and running, tough to do on the ground without burning yourself

debit_free_2010

Established Member
The 6R has a dipstick, it's inside tie aluminum cap on the passenger side.

As others have said it's a bitch to get at with the cats in place bit doable.

You use MERCON LV not SP. Although some have used SP without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread