Transmission Issues - Need a trustworthy Dealer in MD/DC/VA area

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been having transmission issues lately with my boss302. Most likely, the plastic fork guide pins are broken and possibly bent some of the forks themselves. So, I'm probably looking at getting the transmission rebuilt or replaced under warranty.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any good experience with a dealer's service department in the MD/DC/VA area, preferably with transmission repairs. I'm hoping to find a service department, or a mechanic, that does a quality job by doing it right the first time!

I've been reading a bunch of reviews of dealers online, but most of them are based on purchasing a new car and the ratings are all over the place! trying my best to avoid any hassles.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
(Hope I'm posting this in the right locations :p)

WildOne12

Established Member
Unless the dealer was replacing with a brand new unit I wouldn't let them touch it, I have not had good luck with local dealers.

I just had my car down to Revolution Auto for the Stage 1 upgrade which includes brass shift pads & welded shift forks & so far I am very happy with the performance. I am still breaking in the McLeod RXT clutch so I have not totally abused it yet or had it back to the track. Most of the people I have talked to have linked many of the transmission problems the stock clutch which is just not up to high RPM shifting.

Revolution Auto is a great shop to work with & well worth the investment in such a nice car, good luck with you repairs.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.
I had read about Rev Auto and their work, but since the car's still under warranty, I was hoping to find a good dealer that I could trust with the rebuild or replacement.

Seems like every transmission rebuild thread involving a dealer is all bad news!

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been having transmission issues lately with my boss302. Most likely, the plastic fork guide pins are broken and possibly bent some of the forks themselves. So, I'm probably looking at getting the transmission rebuilt or replaced under warranty.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any good experience with a dealer's service department in the MD/DC/VA area, preferably with transmission repairs. I'm hoping to find a service department, or a mechanic, that does a quality job by doing it right the first time!

I've been reading a bunch of reviews of dealers online, but most of them are based on purchasing a new car and the ratings are all over the place! trying my best to avoid any hassles.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
(Hope I'm posting this in the right locations :p)

F.D.Sako,

Let me know when you've decided on a dealer and had them take a look. I'm happy to lend a hand if you run into any issues.

Ashley

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Thanks Ashley for the offer and lindermant for the feedback.

I went ahead and contacted Rev Auto. Will be getting the transmission rebuilt with their Stage 1 and McLeod RST/Aluminum flywheel upgrade. Might as well get the trans beefed up, because I'll most likely run into the same problem a year down the line.

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
why not get it rebuilt under warranty first, then take it to rev auto for the upgrade... probably save you money in the long run ..?

Users who are viewing this thread