Transmission issue ?! 2007 Shelby gt500

Nestor07GT500

So a while back I had the stock 07 gt500 clutch it would make a weird noise at high rpm shifts and recently replaced it with a McLeod RXT clutch kit, I assumed that weird noise would go away after putting a much stronger clutch in the car. After breaking in the clutch that noise is still apparent in those high rpm shifts. It sounds almost kind of like a scratch as it shifts, it does it as I'm releasing the clutch. Im thinking it's the release bearing but I hope it isn't as I just installed the new clutch about a week ago so it would be a waste of money to drop the trans again to replace it.

It has
-new clutch kit
-new slave cylinder
-new pilot bearing
I'm running mobil 1 ATF

Anyone have any clues or ideas as to what I could do, check, or test

c0rn_fed

Established Member
So a while back I had the stock 07 gt500 clutch it would make a weird noise at high rpm shifts and recently replaced it with a McLeod RXT clutch kit, I assumed that weird noise would go away after putting a much stronger clutch in the car. After breaking in the clutch that noise is still apparent in those high rpm shifts. It sounds almost kind of like a scratch as it shifts, it does it as I'm releasing the clutch. Im thinking it's the release bearing but I hope it isn't as I just installed the new clutch about a week ago so it would be a waste of money to drop the trans again to replace it.

It has
-new clutch kit
-new slave cylinder
-new pilot bearing
I'm running mobil 1 ATF

Anyone have any clues or ideas as to what I could do, check, or test
Wrong section for this post. This is the classified section

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread