Transmission Crossmember - Unfortunate accident

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
Well due to an unfortunate run in with some large debris in the roadway that was kicked into my Cobra's path i am in need of a new Transmission Crossmember, Exhaust, and also K member brace.

Does anyone know where i can get one? I have searched online but turned up very little.

Also it broke one of the side mounts that the crossmember bolts to, so that is going to be fun to replace, not really sure where to start on that one.

Also ripped my x-pipe in half, and gashed my k member brace.

Overall though i feel fairly lucky considering how close it was to the oil pan, and rear end.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Damn! I don't have much help to offer but pics of the carnage?

have you looked for the K brace through the actual manufacturer of it?

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
Damn! I don't have much help to offer but pics of the carnage?

have you looked for the K brace through the actual manufacturer of it?

The k brace and exhaust are easy to get. The crossmember is apparently a "rare" item.

Ill get carnage pics once i get it all out. Suffice to say its pretty gnarly. Still drove like a boss home though.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
AJE Transmission Crossmember?

Only problem is the bracket that is attached to the sub frame rail on the passenger side (where the impact occurred) is sheared off. So i will need a new bracket and it appears that AJE assumes that you have good brackets.

Thanks for the heads up though.

KCRN12

Established Member
Yea, mps has pretty much anything. That's where I got basically everything for my cobra swap. The cross member fit perfectly and came with the brackets. Hope you get everything repaired soon.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
I have everything but the trans crossmember off now. I will need a new transmission mount as well, but i am having trouble tracking one down. It would seem everything is going as well as it can, hopefully it will continue to do so assuming i can find a new tranny mount.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I have everything but the trans crossmember off now. I will need a new transmission mount as well, but i am having trouble tracking one down. It would seem everything is going as well as it can, hopefully it will continue to do so assuming i can find a new tranny mount.

Go to your local ford dealer to get one.

19Mystic96

Established Member

Your local auto parts store should have them, too..

Users who are viewing this thread