Transmission Crossmember Problems...

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
I was putting some spacers in as perscribed to fix the virbrations in a 95 with a TKO and as I got under the car to put the final crossmember to tranny screws back in, I see the transmission is about 1/4 inch off to the right. Im sitting there, cursing at the small women and children as they walk by and I have no idea how to move it back over to get the screws in properly.

Bottom Line:
How to a move the transmission side to side to fit it back into the mount?

Fordbaby

Established Member
I had the same problem on my Fox. What i did was use as large a pipe as you can (definetly has to be on a lift or large jackstands) and just pry it over and bolt it up. O and i had the motor mount nuts off so that might have helped give a little more movement.

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Yeah, so far, Ive tried using a spare tire jack to push it over and have yet to find a good pipe to push with and even then, I would think, realistically, that is a 2 person job. Thank God, someone is coming over tommorrow.

Keep the ideas coming, I need to drive the Cobra! Its been in the air 3 ****ing days now. Granted this wasnt the only thing I was doing.

duane v

Established Member
loosen the motor mount nuts, and the motor and tranny will move no problem....Once the holes are aligned put the tranny mount screws in, then re-torque the motor mount nuts (95-126 ft-lbs).....DA snake boy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread