Transmission Cooling?

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I live near the Beach and cruise the boulevard sometimes. I was on there last night and when I would put in the clutch, ready to move, the car would shudder. I could let out the clutch and it would stop. It was just a mild shudder, nothing very serious. I was wondering if this could be the result of the transmission overheating, because i felt inbetween the back seats and it was quite hot. Or is it the clutch? Is this even really a problem? It was just odd and I was unsure.

Thanks in advance
Chelsea

Last edited:

Hammer

Established Member
It sounds like the beginning of a throw-out bearing problem. Many of our cars have defective throw-out bearings and it will cause your clutch to wear out prematurely.

And your warranty doesn't mean JACK SH1T with a bad clutch (unfortunately). It's VERY DIFFICULT to get the clutch replaced on an arguement that it's defective.

I just said screw it and put in a heavy-duty dual-friction clutch.

TruBlu03

Taking off in 1st when it's good and hot generates a shudder for me. Not really sure what it is or if it's even a problem. I do know that SVT recomends a 2000 mile break in period for the clutch, hence alot of dealers refusing to do anything prior to that time.

Users who are viewing this thread