Transmission conversions

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Okay so short story, I own a 2003 dsg Mach, it's a auto car. A few months ago it started having converter issues and to replace/repair the 4R70 was way more than what I'm willing to spend and honestly, I'm just a really big fan on it to begin with. So here's my question, once the 3650 is installed (clutch pedal and m/t tranny harness is already in) will the car be road worthy enough to drive to a friends shop to have the ECM reprogrammed to the correct parameters.

cobrakillinmach

Established Member
if anything it may just high idle alittle you will be able to get it across town with no issues, our machs are still just a mustang not a super car unpluging the tranny wont kill the whole car. your speed is gonna be off so watch your speed ;)

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
if anything it may just high idle alittle you will be able to get it across town with no issues, our machs are still just a mustang not a super car unpluging the tranny wont kill the whole car. your speed is gonna be off so watch your speed ;)

Lol yeah that's what I'm having now... :| I had a friend reprogram to the latest ford revisions, he wasn't able to finish due to the transmission not being in the car, so it's throwing every a/t fault code to man :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread