Transmission came out last night... Anyone know any builders in NC???

dk-4life

Hey everyone, im new to the sight. I have a 2001 BULLITT with a 03/04 cobra swap. Im running the t3650 5 speed transmission and i think it came out last night or my clutch ripped the center out. I can just put it in any gear with no problem and it makes no noise and does not move at all, I thought this would be the clutch but a friend of mine said this is what his did when he broke his out put shaft. When it happened i went from 2nd to 3rd hard and there was nothing.

Untill i tear it apart i wont know for sure but i was hoping to find someone that new of some shops in NC that i could take it to if it was the transmission.

Thanks
Thomas

cobracide

Established Member
Shift-tic performance did a great job on my T56 (stage 2) and setup my McLeod Twin Disk. Don't know if they have experience with a 3650 but they definately know T56's and clutches. Ask THEM

Last edited:

70Maverick

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. It's none of my business but it sure sounds like a good time to upgrade to a 6 speed to me? :shrug:
My heart wouldn't let me spend money on a 5 speed that you just proved is not up to the task unless this is a budget thing. I certainly understand those. What I want to do and what I can afford to do are miles apart most of the time. :??:

I just wonder how far apart the rebuild vs a used 6 speed would be.

Users who are viewing this thread