Trans Whine

zachcrosen

Established Member
I am in the process of coming up with my build list for my motor and have a transmission whine as well. I have had it for what seems like forever! It has recently gotten louder with the addition of my VMP TVS. When the cluth pedal is not pressed in, I have a very loud whine sound. I can hear it easily inside the car and over the AFCO outside the car. When I press the pedal in, the sound goes away. I have had 3-4 people tell me it sounds like a throwout bearing. I have also read an old thread where a guy replaced his TOB and the sound was still there. Here is a video of it. Let me know what you think. You have to turn the volume up pretty loud to hear it. I pressed the clutch in at around 3-4 seconds in and again at around 16 seconds in. Each time for just a few seconds.

th_trimA991ECC3-E5F3-4EF2-97F4-346317802FCF_zps2b203840.jpg

If it is a TOB, I will replace it and probably install a RXT clutch while in there. Who makes aftermarket TOB besides Exedy? That is the only one I have found and it says it only works with the Exedy clutches. Does added power make these go bad quicker? Or is it just hard driving and clutch dumps, etc?

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
High power stock clutch, bad combo get your rxt and new tob... You should be fine until your mt-82 starts whining under the power strains!

Users who are viewing this thread