Trans service

RB8888

Established Member
I currently have my shifter off... it sems like a good time to add some friction modifier(XL-7). I am currently running Amsoil ATF. When looking where the shifter goes there looks to be a couple of oz of fluid in there.I assume this would be normal? Anyhow, would there be a problem in pouring a couple of oz of XL-7 through the shifter(I am concerned about it "mixing" in properly, and over-filling the trans). I appreciate any feedback... later

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
why not just drain it and put in all the GM syncromesh like most others do? when i ge my MGW shifter thats what i'm going to do

OrangeSVT04

Gone in 24 Hours
Established Member
Yes, a small amount of fluid in the shifter turret is normal. A lot of guys fill thier trannies up by pouring fluid in from the top- they just take the plug out of the side of the tranny that's marked "Fill" and pour fluid in until it starts to come out that hole. I drained and filled mine from under the car while the car was on a lift and used a small hand pump to draw the fluid up into the trans. Whatever works for you. Hope this helps!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
RB8888 said:
21 views, and no one has any knowledge to share :shrug:

You put a very inspecific title on this thread. Many people will open it just to see what's up, as I did. I did not know the answer to your question, so.............

Want a better post/view ratio, maybe put a more explantory thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread