trans help

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Well today I bought a 93 LX Hatch 2.3/Auto for my 2nd and it will be my DD. I need a good gas mileage car!!! My truck just aint cutting it!

Anyways, paid 700$ for it, runs pretty good, has a few small issues im going to take care of.

But it doesnt move, Im thining it needs a tran but I want some opinons.

Guy said he was driving it one day and it just started slowing down and quit moving. Towed home, it no longer will move at all in any gear. He told me this happend Dec. 15 (2010) and has sat since then since he didnt have the money to have fixed.

The fluid is a little overfull, dirty, doesnt smell the greatest.

Looking for opinons, I was thinking about draining it, change filter and go from there?

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i would try to drain the trans and refill it with fluid and go from there. from what you described by the smell tho sounds like the trans needs rebuilt

mustangsally1

Established Member
At a junk yard you can get those trannys for cheap. I would just do that if it does not fix your problem you can return it. If it was a 5.0 I would go with a tremec. A place in Florida, called pro Motion Performance sells rebuilt ones or new. I bought my tremec from there years ago and never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread